Scan is the fastest and most user-friendly QR reader and barcode scanner available. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod came with a built-in scanner, this would be it.
HOW THE APP WORKS
To scan a QR code or barcode simply open the app, point the camera at the code, and you’re done! There is no need to take a photo or press a button. Scan will automatically recognize any code your camera is pointing at.
When scanning a QR code, if the code contains a website URL, you will automatically be taken to the site. If the code just contains text, you'll immediately see it. For other formats such as phone numbers, email addresses, or contact info, you will be prompted to take the appropriate action.
Scan recognizes all of the popular barcode types (UPC, EAN, and ISBN) and shows you pricing, reviews, and more about any products you scan. Barcode scanning requires a newer phone in order to work reliably. Cameras on older devices do not provide the resolution or focus required for barcode scanning.
• View a history list and map of all of your past scans
• Scan pictures of QR codes and barcodes from your camera roll
• Toggle your front or rear camera for scanning
• Set a default browser to open websites in
• Export your history and email it as a CSV file
• A switch to turn on your device’s light (if it has one) for scanning in low-light circumstances
In order to use Scan, your device must have a built-in camera. When scanning codes that redirect to online content, such as websites, you will need Internet connectivity.
- Support for the iPhone X
- Export your history as a CSV file
- Fixed blurry camera seen on some devices
- Faster and more accurate scanning
Ratings and Reviews
Not great anymore
Used to be a great app and while it's kept its simple, clean design, it now opens up your Web browser to display product information except the site it tries to load is always down so you end up having to manually fetch the barcode number from the apps scan history or the URL.
The app developer should just change it to simply display the barcode data in-app, with buttons to allow you to copy it to clipboard, or open it in a browser (for product search).
Good to bad
No longer opens its own browser, instead it opens safari and does not close safari when you go back to the app. This is no good when you have thousands of tickets to scan in.
Does what it says!
This simple app is great to access and use, works every time!
- QR Code City, LLC
- 10.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.