[What is ScanSnap Cloud?]
ScanSnap Cloud is a service that delivers scanned images from your iX Series ScanSnap to your favourite cloud services without the need for a computer or mobile device. It can recognise and sort scanned images such as documents, receipts, business cards and photos, and then send them to the cloud services of your choice.
ScanSnap Cloud allows you to scan directly to your preferred cloud storage or life-of-business application, and access your files anytime, anywhere, and on any device through integrated apps including Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Photos, OneDrive, box, Expensify, Shoeboxed, QuickBooks Online and Concur. This app allows you to easily configure your data’s destinations, adjust settings and view your scanned images.
To use ScanSnap Cloud, the following items are required:
- ScanSnap iX500 or iX100 scanner
- Wi-Fi environment with internet connection
- Account information for your favorite cloud services
[Available Cloud Services]
You can use ScanSnap Cloud to scan into Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Photos, OneDrive, box, Expensify, Shoeboxed, QuickBooks Online and Concur. For the latest information, visit scansnapcloud.com/emea/.
[Features of ScanSnap Cloud]
ScanSnap Cloud functionality for the iX500 and iX100 provides users an easy way to scan directly to their favorite cloud services without the need for a computer or mobile device. After quick configuration, ScanSnap Cloud works intelligently behind the scenes to automatically sort scans into four categories: documents, receipts, business cards and photos, to make scanning easier than ever before.
- ScanSnap Cloud optimises scanned images with automatic size and color detection, automatic page rotation and blank-page removal
- Ability to create searchable PDFs for easy keyword searches up to 500 pages / 250 sheets(*1)
- Automatic file naming for documents, business cards and receipts
- Receive automatic notifications when your scanned images reach their destination
- Change settings or correct a mis-file without having to re-scan(*2)
(*1) Character recognition is dependent upon the condition of the scanned document.
(*2) ScanSnap Cloud is a contemporary high technology solution. However, the quality and the contents of the document can impact on the cloud destination. We recommend that you check your chosen cloud services regularly for misrouted documents.
[How to Use ScanSnap Cloud]
1. Follow the step-by-step instructions in the app to configure your scanner and settings
2. Place documents, receipts, business cards and photos in your ScanSnap Scanner and press the Scan button
*For details on the settings and the usage, after download, please refer to the Help section of the ScanSnap Cloud App
- Mac OS X v10.8.3 or later is installed.
- For information on ScanSnap iX500 and iX100, please visit the ScanSnap Microsite,
- Convert to Searchable PDF is available.
- Automatic generation of a file name for a business card or receipt is available.
- Concur and Quick Books Online are added as one of the cloud services that can be linked with ScanSnap Cloud.
- The modified authentication method used by Google is available.
- A modification has been made so that a scan history is recorded to each scanned image when performing batch scan if the title of a business card or receipt is generated automatically.
Ratings and Reviews
Great but room for improvement
This is a great concept as it avoids the need to use a laptop or desktop when scanning - just drop the document into the scanner and hit scan. The only thing I’d say it still needs is the ability (as in Scansnap Manager) to reduce bleed through from double-sided documents. The desktop software has this option and it results in perfect scans nearly every time. With ScanSnap Cloud the bleed is so bad it often renders the resulting document unusable.
One more small point. The preferences need to be reorganised to make it clear that the document naming options (per document type) don’t work unless you set up separate destinations for each document type (you can use the same destination, but the scanner won’t attempt to identify document type unless this is enabled).
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.