ScotRail Train Times & Tickets
By First ScotRail
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay up to date when you’re on the move.
Get live journey updates and buy tickets on your phone with the ScotRail train times and tickets app.
Download our free app to:
• Buy train tickets and collect from a ScotRail ticket machine ten minutes later
• Check live departures and see where your train is in real time
• See the status of the ScotRail network and details of any disruption
• Save your recent searches to favourites – just tap the star
• View all ticket purchases through My ScotRail
• Contact us, report crime on the railway and view FAQs from the menu
• Sign up for text and email alerts
The app is free, with no booking charges or credit card fees for buying tickets. Download now to get started.
What's New in Version 2.00.01
Download the new ScotRail app now for these great features:
• Buy Club 50 discounted tickets
• See train disruption information within Live Departures
• Access all the features of your My ScotRail account
• Order a Smartcard through My ScotRail
• Swipe left on recent searches and favourites for Plan & Buy, Live Departures, and to delete
• Book a taxi with Cab&Go
The older app was great in a fairly basic way; it was really easy to check train times quickly with the only grumble the inability to buy tickets or renew season tickets.
The new update is a disaster. Not only have they taken the only thing that works and made it far less user-friendly, but they've added a ticket booking service that takes you round and round in circles without actually giving you the opportunity to buy the ticket! I wasted 10 minutes before I gave up and accessed the service through my laptop.
Someone needs to be thoroughly testing any updates before they are released so either that someone isn't doing their job or ScotRail are happy to throw money at an ill-conceived upgrade. Either way, please sort it out, it's 2017!
Ruined the app! Old app was better and easier to use
Every time I try to search for a train time it comes up error. I click on the plan journeys and I can't actually plan a journey due to there being no arrival option so I'm left guessing when I should leave and when I'll arrive to my destination. Old app was so much easier to use and so much quicker and never had any issues with it. Don't understand why you would try to better something which wasn't broken and was easy to use. Sort it out!!!
Terrible revamp, previous version worked fine
New app appearance is awful,
Live departures was the only bit I used. Refresh time has gone, touch click is too sensitive when scrolling through route and clicks in to other stations.
The list is ruined with the big gaps under each trains information.
Been a complete waste of resources to have developers create this update, and therefore ultimately passengers train fares that have paid for the expense of an update we didn't want nor need!