Join the millions of readers who turn to Scribd’s digital library to access an unlimited* number of audiobooks, ebooks, magazine articles, sheet music selections, and research documents.
“Put an entire library in your pocket with a subscription to Scribd.” - Entrepreneur
“Scribd is a massive library that's home to millions of books, audiobooks, magazines … and even sheet music. (Sheet music!)” - Mashable
“The fact that I could have access to all the greatest minds, mysteries, and stories for $8.99 a month was (and still is) crazy to me.” - Business Insider
Scribd’s digital library includes bestselling and trending audiobooks and ebooks in every genre, including:
• True Crime
• Personal Growth
• Science Fiction
• Health and Wellness
• Personal Growth
• Celebrity Narrated Memoirs
• Religion and Spirituality
• Current Events
A Scribd membership also includes unlimited access to:
• Sheet music selections that cover every musical genre, instrument, and difficulty level. Play the classics or explore current hits from popular artists.
• Articles from hundreds of magazines including People, New York Magazine, Time, The Atlantic, Entrepreneur, Bloomberg Businessweek, Men’s Health, Women’s Health, and more.
• Unlimited access to the world’s largest document library, which includes more than 60 million documents including official government reports, case studies, study guides, academic dissertations, medical reports, and more.
All content read or listen to on Scribd can be synced across multiple devices, and there are special features that are included in your membership at no additional cost, including:
FEATURES FOR THE AUDIOBOOK LISTENER
• Customize your narration speed
• Set a sleep timer
• Download audiobooks to listen offline
FEATURES FOR THE EBOOK READER
• Download ebooks to read offline
• Make notes and annotations, and add bookmarks
• Customize your font size, type, and background color
• Choose horizontal or vertical page scrolling
FEATURES FOR THE DOCUMENT / EPUB READER
• Download documents to read offline
• Save or print your documents
Our membership is a monthly subscription that starts at $8.99 and automatically renews unless the subscription is canceled at least 24 hours prior to the next billing date.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Download the free Scribd app and start listening and reading today!
We release new updates every two weeks, which means you’ll get access to the latest bug fixes and updated features as soon as possible.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app! Much better value than Audible. Im disabled and listen to two or three books a week, which would cost a small fortune on Audible. Good range of books and customer service has been exceptional. A couple of issues though, the main one being the suggested books... read book which I hated and gave it a one star review, but recommended books is almost exclusively books by the same author and I can’t remove them! The other thing is that books I’ve saved offline are no longer available and I can’t remove them from my offline list so get an annoying pop up every time I log in. Small gripes as on the whole I think it’s a great app and much better than competitors.
Excellent value and subscription. BUT...
The selection of books and price is second to none on scribd. I would love it...however:
The app has big problems. If you turn off mobile data, the phone will run very hot and drain an entire iPhone battery in under an hour.
If you leave mobile data on it will use it up even when playing downloaded books! Today I downloaded a book via Wi-fi and listened for 3 hours. In that time I check the mobile data stats and scribd had used 168mb! Doing what??
I had to change my mobile plan recently because after using scribd for a couple of months, and only playing already downloaded audiobooks (no streaming) scribd had used 9.6gb (you read that right) and cost me an absolute fortune. I have no idea why it needs to use any data at all to play a downloaded audio file. None of the other audiobook apps that I use have these issues.
I have updated my scribd app regularly and iOS firmware too. I’ve tried the app on multiple iPhones. They all have these issues.
Also it crashes. A lot!
Love it...but it has been buggy lately
I’m using Scribd on an iPad Pro 10.5. It is a great concept and I love being able to have unlimited access to the material I need for personal reading or study. But lately the application has been really buggy for me - getting stuck in portrait mode when I am working in landscape; slowing down dramatically, and generally not playing nicely. It could just be my own installation, it is becoming a deal breaker for me. Even so, the breadth of material available on Scribd, the otherwise good interface and subscription model, all mean that it is (realistically) the best out there in what it does.
- 220.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2012 Scribd Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Scribd Membership £6.99
- Scribd Membership £7.99
- Scribd Membership £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.