Hosted by screenwriters John August and Craig Mazin, Scriptnotes is a podcast about screenwriting and things that are interesting to screenwriters.
Stream episodes anywhere with the official Scriptnotes app for iOS. Listen to recent episodes for free, complete with show notes, episode links, Three Page Challenge entries and more.
Plus, premium subscribers can access the entire Scriptnotes back catalog along with occasional bonus content.
This update includes improved performance and iOS compatibility. The app update also includes a sleep timer and additional user interface enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Buggy but brilliant
Problematic app (some episodes don't play until app reloaded) but hugely helpful and entertaining content for any aspiring or experienced screenwriter. The only app I recommend to every film and TV writer I meet. Get it.
Always insightful, provocative and entertaining. This podcast provides an invaluable inside look at the industry from two extremely talented and incredibly generous screenwriters.
Does the Job. Mostly.
Although the app does a decent job of playing the show (variable speed was a welcome surprise), there are a bunch of issues which could be addressed:
- The UI looks like it fell out of iOS6,
- Organising episodes is very lacking,
- Downloading regularly bugs (says the download has completed when it hasn’t) resulting in playback errors,
- It freaks out in a big way if you go in and out of a network connection resulting in an unskippable series of popups warning you (for no clear reason) that you’re offline.
- Quote-Unquote Films, Inc.
- 35.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.