By Seasonal Cities Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Voted one of the Top 25 iOS apps of 2014 by The Guardian.
See Seasonal Cities in action on BBC Click https://vimeo.com/121790651.
As seen in Esquire, Time.com, National Geographic Traveller, Wanderlust, The Mail on Sunday, The Sun, Sainsbury's Magazine, Stuff, Gizmodo, House & Garden, Daily Express, MSN, The Independent, and T3.
Seasonal Cities is a unique travel app offering the only range of seasonal city guides in the world, updated every three months with brand new content. These insider guides to 11 of the world’s top cities are also written by leading travel journalists who actually live there. This means that you get the very best out of your destination or home city as the seasons and weather change throughout the year.
To complement this, the app has a unique weather function which suggests the best indoor and outdoor venues and activities in the guides, tailored to the weather up to three days in advance. So if it is hot and sunny in Barcelona, we will tell you about a great rooftop restaurant or bar that’s just opened. If it is cold and raining in Tokyo, we will bring you the best museum or café to take shelter in.
· Currently available for iPhone 5 and up, iPad2 and up, and iPad mini.
· The 11 cities are Barcelona, Berlin, Istanbul, London, Moscow, New York, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Sydney and Tokyo.
· The app is updated every three months with completely new content, covering the latest openings and old favourites seen in the best light.
· The seasons are broken down as follows:
Winter – December/January/February
Spring – March/April/May
Summer – June/July/August
Autumn – September/October/November
· The unique weather function suggests venues and activities according to the weather up to three days ahead, meaning you can plan how to get the most from your trip, come rain or shine.
· Autumn and Winter 2014 are completely free to download for all 11 cities.
· The cost is £0.69p per city per season from Spring 2015 onwards. That’s a lot less than the price of a coffee for some of the best guidebook content on the market today.
· The app is 100% independent – we choose places because they are the best and we rate them highly, not because they pay us backhanders or send us chocolates.
· Seasonal Cities was founded by travel journalist and editor Marcus Waring, who has 15 years’ experience in travel writing and editing. He is not the chef.
· The guides are written by some of the best travel journalists around. They have worked for leading newspapers (the Guardian, Independent, Times, Daily Telegraph, Wall Street Journal), magazines (National Geographic Traveller, Wallpaper, Condé Nast Traveller), websites (BBC.com, telegraph.com) and travel guidebooks (Rough Guides, Lonely Planet, Time Out).
· The app covers all budgets, from free or inexpensive to luxury. From a quick bite for lunch to a Michelin-starred meal to celebrate a special occasion, we will take you to the best places in town.
· Each guide contains the top five sights, cultural events, shops, restaurants, bars and clubs, and hotels, as well as the writer’s Last Word.
· The guides are a tightly edited selection of the highlights, quickly sidestepping the mediocre and getting you straight to the heart of the city. They are perfect for leisure or business travellers, as well as residents who want to keep their finger on the pulse of their city.
· Reviews include insider details such as the best tables in restaurants, the writer’s favourite drink in a bar, a must-have item in a shop and the most atmospheric hotel rooms to stay in.
· Maps are geotagged with the venues and also show your location when wi-fi is enabled.
The guides will be available one month before the first day of the new season.
We would love to hear your feedback – please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.1.7
Spring 2015 now on sale!
Great easy to use and well balanced
Clean. Simple. Smart !
Love this app! Easy to use, great navigation and clever. Really like the way it selects activities based on the weather. The travel writers are insightful and offer new information on what is already out there. Perfect for the business traveller.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 26 February 2015
- Version: 1.1.7
- Size: 32.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Seasonal Cities Ltd
- © 2014 Seasonal Cities Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- London Spring 2015£0.99
- Barcelona Spring 2015£0.99
- London Summer 2015£0.99
- Barcelona Summer 2015£0.99
- New York Spring 2015£0.99
- Paris Summer 2015£0.99
- Paris Spring 2015£0.99
- New York Summer 2015£0.99
- Berlin Spring 2015£0.99
- Paris Autumn 2015£0.99