See and Learn Saying More Words
By Down Syndrome Education Enterprises C.I.C.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
See and Learn Saying More Words is designed to teach children with Down syndrome to say whole words clearly.
See and Learn Saying More Words is the fourth step in See and Learn Speech - an evidence-based teaching program designed to help children with Down syndrome to learn to talk more clearly. See and Learn Speech is developed by internationally recognized leaders in research and effective interventions for children with Down syndrome.
See and Learn Saying More Words supports simple activities that encourage the imitation and repetition of one- and two-syllable words. It includes seven sets of words, each starting with a particular speech sound (c/k, ch, f, g, r, t and v). The target words represent a range of vowel-consonant combinations and are selected from vocabulary suitable for younger children.
See and Learn Saying More Words is designed to help parents, teachers and therapists support regular speech practice. Research evidence suggests that practice and repetition are necessary to develop clearer speech.
• Evidence-based activities following key developmental steps
• Clear and uncluttered screens avoid distractions and help children focus on information presented and learning goals
• Focus on visual representation of concepts, reduced language and working memory demands to help children with specific learning needs
• Comprehensive guide included in electronic format providing explicit, step-by-step guidance and instructions
• Record forms included for printing and tracking your child’s progress
• US English
• UK English
• Learning to Say Words – using picture prompt cards and speechreading cues to encourage first attempts at saying words
• Practicing Saying Words – using sets of picture prompt cards in games to encourage more complete word production
• Rehearsing Saying Words – multiple repetitions of specific words to improve the clarity and consistency of word production
Children can start the activities in See and Learn Saying More Words when they:
• can produce at least some of the consonants c/k, ch, f, g, r, t and v - for example, g, and t
• can produce simple combinations of these consonants and a vowel - for example, tea and key
We recommend that young children practice these activities as soon as they meet these criteria. However, the activities are also suitable for older children who need additional practice to improve their speech clarity.
Further information and advice
For further information and advice, please refer to our web site.
What's New in Version 1.18
• iOS 10 support
• Bug fixes
- Category: Education
- Updated: 17 September 2016
- Version: 1.18
- Size: 79.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Down Syndrome Education Enterprises C.I.C.
- © 2016 Down Syndrome Education Enterprises CIC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.