Seeing AI is a free app that narrates the world around you. Designed for the blind and low vision community, this ongoing research project harnesses the power of AI to open up the visual world and describe nearby people, text and objects.
Optimized for use with VoiceOver, the app enables you to recognize:
• Short Text - Speaks text as soon as it appears in front of the camera.
• Documents - Provides audio guidance to capture a printed page, and recognizes the text, along with its original formatting.
• Products - Scans barcodes, using audio beeps to guide you; hear the name, and package information when available. (works with iPhone 6 and later)
• People - Saves people’s faces so you can recognize them, and get an estimate of their age, gender, and emotions.
• Scenes (early preview) - Hear an overall description of the scene captured.
• Currency - Recognizes currency notes. (Requires iOS 11)
• Color - Identifies color.
• Handwriting - Reads handwritten text like in greeting cards
• Light - Generates an audible tone corresponding to the brightness in the surroundings.
• Images in other apps - Just tap “Share” and “Recognize with Seeing AI” to describe images from Mail, Photos, Twitter, and more.
• Photo browsing experience - Describes photos on your phone
Seeing AI is built to help you achieve more by leveraging the power of the cloud and artificial intelligence. As the research progresses, more channels may be added.
Check out tutorials with this YouTube playlist: http://aka.ms/SeeingAIPlaylist
Visit http://SeeingAI.com for more details
Recently honored by American Council of the Blind, American Foundation for the Blind's Helen Keller Achievement Award, CES Asia, Mobile World Congress, FCC Chairman's Awards for Advancements in Accessibility and AppleVis Hall of Fame.
Available in 70 countries including Albania, Argentina, Australia, Bhutan, Brazil, Canada, Egypt, European Union, Ghana, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, USA, UK and Zimbabwe. Gradually coming to more countries.
Languages supported – English
Supported on iPhone 5C, 5S and later; best performance with iPhone 6S, SE and later models.
Questions, feedback or feature requests? Email us at seeingai @ microsoft.com.
Minor bug fixes to the 'Browse Photos' feature.
Ratings and Reviews
Incredibly handy app for the visually impaired!
I won’t write much here, because for those of you who are interested and who are looking for this app, they will know exactly what it does and what it is, however I just want to say a big thank you to Microsoft for finally releasing this incredibly useful app here in the UK. I have been using the version of the app available in the US for some time now, and would find it impossible to live without it! Many of the features such as product recognition, short text and document functions are vital for my everyday practice IT and independence and I look forward to future updates/additional features as they become available. Thank you again for a great app.
Really useful app
I use this app every day and would not like to be without it. I am always surprised with the speed of the short text facility. Also I really like that it is able to make a good attempt with handwriting. I am slightly disappointed with colour recognition though I am sure this will improve. Can’t thank the developers enough.
Thank you for the ★★★★★ rating! We are very pleased that you are enjoying Microsoft Seeing AI app. Version (2.3) has improved features with a few experimental Channels for Scenes, Colors, and Handwriting --- Please visit www.SeeingAI.com for more information, updates, and tutorials.
Should be quite...
... useful for those of us with limited sight. Did some basic testing, and it’s not perfect, but what is? 😉
Wasn’t great with the colours, but I suspect that’s because the light was too bright from the phone, and it was bouncing-off reflections of that light, making darker colours appear brighter, or altering the colour detected completely.
For those of us with NO colour vision, this would likely cause issues, but I usually get family to help me when needed 👍.
The product ID worked on the 3 products I tested, it was flawless 😀.
The text/document test was ok, but as usual for these talking apps, I had to slow it down to make it more legible.
Overall, a very useful app, but needs work in some areas 😊👍.
Thank you for the ★★★★ rating... We are very pleased that you are enjoying Microsoft Seeing AI app. Version (2.3) has improved features with a few experimental Channels for Scenes, Colors, and Handwriting --- Please visit www.SeeingAI.com for more information, updates, and tutorials.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 281.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.