NTW’s Self Help for iPad app gives you access to the full range of 23 mental health self-help guides. These guides, three of which have been commended at the British Medical Association Patient Information Award, have been written by NHS clinical psychologists with contributions from service users and healthcare staff.
Covering common mental health issues from anxiety, depression and panic to anger, domestic violence and sleeping problems. Our guides contain useful tips and hints as well as self-help techniques.
Each guide has an introductory video as well as a choice of male and female recorded audio versions available to stream. Guides can also be downloaded free of charge to your iPad for offline reading and can even be printed directly from your device.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is just a collection of PDF NHS leaflets (which are fine). There is some talking head video, but the sound doesn't work, and the app doesn't work in landscape mode. It would be better to just offer the PDFs. Normally one would only need one or two of the PDFs, so bundling them all together is a bit silly. This would be useful to healthcare professionals if they could email a PDF to a client, but they can't.
These guides are written to be understood by everyone offering real hope for improvement. They contain lots of good factual advice that underpins insight into conditions and provides guidance that is more accessible than I've read in similar products previously.
Great app great for people working in mental health. This is a good way of providing information for patients.
- Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- 17.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.