**WINNER** - 2010 IEAR Language Arts App of the Year!!! Own as an individual app or as part of our MES Speech Therapy Bundle.
SentenceBuilder™ is designed to help elementary aged children learn how to build grammatically correct sentences. Explicit attention is paid to the connector words that make up over 80% of the English language. Sentence Builder offers a rich and fun environment for improving the grammar of all children.
- Simple and intuitive interface to build sentences
- 100 distinct pictures to build sentences around
- 3 Levels of play
- 60 encouragement animations and audio clips
- Optional correct sentence audio re-enforcement
- Option correct sentence encouragement animation
- Statistics to track students progress
- Each student has their own stats page
- Two teenager modules available with 50 images each
We take children's privacy seriously. This app
- Does not collect any information
- Does not contain ads
- Does not link to social networks
- Does not use data collection tools
- Compatible with iPad running iOS8.0 or higher
SentenceBuilder is part of "The Builder Series" of award winning education apps. Mobile Education Store has won over 40 app awards and has been named educational developer of the year in 2011 and 2012.
Mobile Education Tools is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 3-6, 6-10
Categories: Special Needs
Updates for iOS11 compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
Good for Primary EAL Children
Great app. Fairly simple to use. Kids love it; especially the different celebration animations when you get the sentences correct.
1) Greater control over certain elements of the sentences, i.e. children who are struggling to organise simple sentences, will find more complex language points, like using 'this', 'that', 'those' a struggle, in the context of organising the sentences as a whole. Whereas 'he', 'she', 'they', 'we', 'you' maybe more appropriate. If we could control pronoun features in options, that would be good.
2) I like the sentence levels (there are 3 levels and they increase in complexity by having a greater number of changeable elements). It would be also good if we could change the complexity of the language used, so that the sentences feature more age-related vocabulary. Some of the sentences were tricky for my year 2s as a result of this. And I suspect they would be too easy for year 3s or 4s.
Great app though. Very useful indeed.
This app is good but the app. Provider had become too greedy
I have tried to reuse this app. To my disappointment it is forcing me to purchase updated and it won't let me use the original app.
Be very careful of this app.
App. Provider has become too greedy!
Sadly this is not a very helpful app as audio voice is not good and visual rewards are sometimes inconsistent. Not good value for money at all.
- Mobile Education Store LLC
- 113.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Mobile Education Store 2010. All rights reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Teen Boy Module £4.99
- Teen Girl Module £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.