SEQUENTIAL features graphic novels and comics from some of the world's leading creators and publishers.
Every user can also download Alan Moore: An Extraordinary Gentleman by Garry Spencer Millidge for FREE!
Releases include the best new and noteworthy graphic novels:
– The Lighthouse, a delightful short by Paco Roca from NBM
– Meanwhile #5, with Strangehaven by Gary Spencer Millidge
- MARCH: Book Three, the final volume in the best-selling civil rights movement trilogy
- Ruins, the 2016 Eisner Award Winner for Best Graphic Album
- True Love by Posy Simmonds - exclusive Expanded Version with a new interview, audio + more
- Comics Dementia by Gilbert Hernandez
- Love & Rockets New Stories #8 by Los Bros Hernandez
- Nod Away by Joshua Cotter
- Aama Volumes 1-4 by Frederik Peeters
- Special Exits by Joyce Farmer
- Soldier's Heart by Carol Tyler
- The Book of Hope by Tommi Musturi
- The Complete Bone & RASL by Jeff Smith
- My Friend Dahmer by Derf Backderf
- Frankenstein Underground by Mike Mignola
- The Eternaut by Lopez & Oesterheld
- The Motherless Oven by Rob Davis
- Indie and small press graphic novels and comics from Avery Hill, Conundrum Press and Koyama Press
- Usagi Yojimbo by Stan Sakai
- Dark Horse titles including Hellboy, Sin City, Grandville, and Alice in Sunderland
- IDW titles including Locke & Key, Richard Stark's Parker, Torpedo, Beowulf, and CSI
- The complete collection of Jason graphic novellas
- Black River by Josh Simmons
- Twisted Dark by Neil Gibson
- Gonzo: A Graphic Biography of Hunter S Thompson by Will Bingley and Anthony Hope-Smith
- American Elf by James Kochalka
- Bacchus by Eddie Campbell
- Strange Embrace by David Hine
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Compendium) by Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill
- At the Mountains of Madness by INJ Culbard and HP Lovecraft
We add new books every week so keep checking the app's Storefront for the latest titles.
SEQUENTIAL is digital graphic novels and sequential art taken seriously. The app features books from publishers including Fantagraphics, Top Shelf, Dark Horse, NBM, Knockabout, SelfMadeHero, and Myriad, and work by creators such as Alan Moore, Brian Bolland, Eddie Campbell, Gilbert Shelton, Neil Gaiman, Bryan Talbot, David Lloyd, Hunt Emerson and many more, including the pick of the small press.
The SEQUENTIAL reading experience is based on the acclaimed technology developed by Panel Nine which allows:
• Beautiful high-quality digital images, with a specially-designed user interface that gives you fast, smooth swiping from page to page and flawless pixel-per-second movement
• Audio commentaries
• Panel Mode where you can double-tap on comics pages to view them panel by panel
• Visual contents and bookmarks that let you view thumbnails of all pages and navigate quickly and easily
Discover SEQUENTIAL and discover one of the world's most under-appreciated art forms. Books are available to purchase in the Storefront or you can look out for special codes to redeem books.
Fixed a download issue with newer devices
Ratings and Reviews
Really want to like this app but...
As a big fan of digital comics, I really wanted to like this app. The content is good, you can buy directly within the app (unlike Comixology) and some effort has gone into the information for browsing the store.
But.... there are a couple of fundamental flaws.
Firstly, there is no zoom facility. You are stuck with either full screen or single panel mode. This means that a double page spreads or dense pages may be rendered very small. This is a huge issue in terms of usability.
Secondly, you are not buying the file, just a license to view it. This is the Amazon/Kindle approach rather than the Apple iBooks way. It doesn't do anything to prevent piracy and I find it infuriating not to have an archive copy which I could even choose to read in a different viewer. In the unfortunate event of Sequential going out of business, what would happen to my books?Image have woken up to the fact that users want to "own the book", Sequential and Comixology need to follow suit.
SEQUENTIAL now has pinch zoom with and "floating" double page spreads.
Has taken me back to comics after many years...
Really pleased I gave this a shot. Have not really looked at a comic in decades. However, viewing them backlit is a pleasure and I now discover I have been missing so many good artists and writers. It is true...a zoom feature would be good. But beyond that it's all good. Downloads are simple, no crashes. I'm happy.
Finally a proper graphic novel app with awesome content. The app my ipad has been waiting for, I'm bored of all the stupid touch games and this is perfect, great selection of graphic novels to start and I'm sure the number will only grow. I never usually bother writing reviews but this is an essential download both for fans of graphic novels/comics and for newcomers
- iEnglish.com Limited
- 296.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © iEnglish.com Limited
- In-App Purchases
- House Of Illustration Guide Free
- JH by Dave Sim Free
- An Extraordinary Gentleman Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.