Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**WINNER “BEST DJ APP” DJ Mag Tech Awards 2014**
Serato’s first official app for iPad is designed to complement an existing Scratch Live or Serato DJ setup. Serato Remote will connect seamlessly to your Serato laptop software and work with all supported Scratch Live and Serato DJ hardware. Control playback, Sync, Cue Points, Loops and Samples and manipulate FX in ways that weren’t previously possible.
Perform all of your favorite Scratch Live and Serato DJ functions without needing to touch your laptop. Connect over USB for ultra low latency or wirelessly, freeing you to move around the stage.
Designed with real world performance in mind:
• Plug & Play with easy set up
• Big easy to hit buttons that are quick to locate on the fly
• Control Playback, Sync, Cue Points, Samples and FX
• Toggle between Auto Loop, Loop Rolls and Manual Loops
• Perform super fast Instant Doubles
• Use Slicer Mode to trigger and slice up sections of a song with added effects
• New Roll Mode combines Loop Rolls with FX
• Set favorite FX for instant access
• Cue Point names and Overview colors inherited from the Serato laptop software
• Virtual Decks and Track Overviews mirror key information from your laptop
• Scroll your library, load to decks and Sample slots Serato Remote has four performance tabs: PADS, SAMPLER, SLICER & FX, all have been meticulously designed for the smoothest flow. Each performance tab can be used with the Virtual Deck View or in Extended View.
The PADS performance tab gives you control of your Cue Points, Auto loops and Loop Rolls in the Virtual Deck View and in Extended View you can also access Manual Loops and Samples.
The SAMPLER performance tab opens up the Scratch Live or Serato DJ sample player. The 4 banks of 6 sample slots are easily accessed in Virtual Deck and Extended View.
• Adjust volume and playback of each sample individually or use Master Sampler Volume
• Different Playback Modes available for each sample slot along with Loop
• Sync your samples with Serato DJ
The SLICER tab gives you a powerful way of slicing up sections of your song and triggering them in-time with added effects.
• Adjust the DOMAIN and QUANTIZE sizes to choose how large the slice being triggered is.
• Add FX to your slices as your trigger them.
• Works with any Serato DJ supported hardware
PLEASE NOTE: SERATO DJ 1.6.1 (OR ABOVE) IS REQUIRED TO USE THE SLICER TAB
The FX performance tab gives you an easier and more creative way of controlling Scratch Live or Serato DJ FX
• Control FX in latched or temp modes
• Trigger Loop Rolls and FX simultaneously using FX Roll Mode
• Combine all your favorites in an easy-to-manage list with Favorite FX
Control your Serato library on your laptop with the Library Nav icon in the centre of the Virtual Decks. Navigate your tracks and TAB to your crates, files or folders.
• Drag to Virtual Decks to load
• Perform super fast Instant Doubles by dragging from deck-to-deck
Serato Remote is designed to complement an existing Scratch Live or Serato DJ setup, you will need: the latest version of iTunes, Scratch Live or Serato DJ supported hardware.
The latest release of Scratch Live 2.5+* or Serato DJ 1.2.1+
*Scratch Live 2.5 has official support for Serato Remote 1.1. Only Serato DJ 1.7.2 (or above) will support Serato Remote 1.2.
PLEASE NOTE SERATO REMOTE REQUIRES SERATO SCRATCH LIVE OR SERATO DJ LAPTOP SOFTWARE AND SUPPORTED HARDWARE.
For more information on the setup
Watch demos on Serato Remote
For Technical Support with Serato Remote
For more info on Serato Remote check out
What's New in Version 1.2
Serato Remote 1.2 introduces PLAY, SYNC, QUANTIZE and CUE POINT NAME DISPLAY features to all Serato DJ users. Along with some minor quality and stability improvements.
The PLAY feature in Serato Remote 1.2 now give users access to play & pause tracks directly via the Serato Remote control surface.
Engage SYNC in Serato Remote 1.2 to get your tracks in time quickly with one touch via the Remote control surface.
Use Quantize to set and trigger cue points perfectly on beat. Enable / disable this directly on Serato Remote 1.2.
CUE POINT NAME DISPLAY
Know exactly what cue you’re triggering with CUE POINT NAME DISPLAY. All Cue Point names and Overview colors are inherited from Serato DJ.
PLEASE NOTE: SERATO DJ 1.7.2 (OR ABOVE) IS REQUIRED TO USE THE NEW PLAY, SYNC, QUANTIZE OR CUE POINT NAME DISPLAY FEATURES.
Its nearly There ... bit still needs some work!
Really not a bad effort at all the last release, good steps forward and generally compliments Serato DJ well.
What I would like to see included is some "out of the box" thinking - Here is a idea, why don't you include an option to "Alter the brake time or the start time" - its a ball ache to have to chop and change between menus unless you have a set of 2000s, Nexus's or DDJSZ, why don't you put a link or a "clockwise" knob somewhere in the app to access the brake function, going into the options is alot of messing around for people who want to use the controllers, there should be a better and more thought out way off accessing this menu without having to exit what your doing or assigning your own midi mapping to the functions of the brake!!
The Ipad app would be a great start, include a turner or slider to chage the value .... just an idea!
Personally I use this app every time I DJ. I use it for up to 6 or 7 hours at a time and it performs flawlessly! 100% reliabe, 100% of the time! I use serato with DVS & turntables and this app has proven to be an invaluable tool for me and has replaced my old Dennon DN-HC1000S.
It's starting to feel like an update is longer over due now. (The addition of the + / - to nudge the playing track when playing in internal mode would be a massive help as I often now play with just one deck using instant doubles.) I'm sure other features could be incorperated also such as Key shifting & sync & updating the sampler to inclue the additional banks now available in SDJ. Honestly tho this app is fantastic and it's worth every penny.
Good App - but agree / -&+ please
i second that - Needs the Deck - + buttons on App pretty please !!!!! :)
- Category: Music
- Updated: 09 December 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Serato Inc Limited Partnership
- © 2014 Serato INC LP
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.