Read classic books in daily bite-sized bits!
Serial Reader delivers a new part of a classic book every day. Read each issue in 20 minutes or less! Choose from more than 550 classic books for free.
Serial Reader helps you fit the best classic literature into your spare time.
• Hundreds of popular classic books
• Choose when to receive each day's new issue
• Customize with a variety of themes and fonts
• Sync your progress to Goodreads
• Easily lookup words
• Earn fun badges and track your reading streaks
Plus, with an optional one-time in-app purchase:
• Sync your reading across multiple devices
• Highlight text and save notes
• Skip ahead to tomorrow's issue today
• Save books to read later
• Pause delivery of new issues
• App-wide dark theme
Serial Reader has been featured in The Washington Post, Mashable, Lifehacker, BookRiot, Gizmodo and was one of Apple's Best New Apps.
More than 500 are currently available, with new titles added each week. Here's a selection of some of the most popular titles:
— Most Popular —
• Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
• A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
• Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoevsky
• War & Peace - Leo Tolstoy
• Les Misérables - Victor Hugo
• The Time Machine - H.G. Wells
• The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
— American Lit —
• Moby-Dick - Herman Melville
• Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
• My Antonia - Willa Cather
• Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain
• This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald
— Adventure —
• The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
• Treasure Island - Robert Louis Stevenson
• Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe
• The Odyssey - Homer
• King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard
— Romance —
• Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
• Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy
• Romeo and Juliet - William Shakespeare
• Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert
— Science Fiction —
• The War of the Worlds - H.G. Wells
• 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Jules Verne
• A Princess of Mars - Edgar Rice Burroughs
— Horror —
• Dracula - Bram Stoker
• The Dunwich Horror - H.P. Lovecraft
• Frankenstein - Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
• The Fall of the House of Usher - Edgar Allan Poe
• The King in Yellow - Robert W. Chambers
• The Wendigo - Algernon Blackwood
— Mystery —
• The Hound of the Baskervilles - Arthur Conan Doyle
• The Mysterious Affair at Styles - Agatha Christie
• The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins
— Biography —
• The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
• Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass
• Twelve Years a Slave - Solomon Northup
— Children's —
• Peter Pan - J. M. Barrie
• Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
• The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
• Anne of Green Gables - Lucy Maud Montgomery
— Fantasy —
• The Well at the World's End - William Morris
• Time and the Gods - Lord Dunsany
• The Wood Beyond the World - William Morris
— Philosophy —
• The Republic - Plato
• Leviathan - Thomas Hobbes
• Rights of Man - Thomas Paine
— Nonfiction —
• Vindication of the Rights of Woman - Mary Wollstonecraft
• On the Origin of Species - Charles Darwin
• The Federalist Papers
• The Communist Manifesto - Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
— Westerns —
• Riders of the Purple Sage - Zane Grey
• The Virginian - Owen Wister
• Gunman's Reckoning - Max Brand
— Religion —
• King James Bible
• The Dhammapada
• The Quran
And many more!
• Design refresh! Easier access to all your serials, highlights, notes, badges and more
• Fun new collections and recommendations when browsing serials
• New options to customize your reading: multicolumn support, line height adjustment
• More fonts for premium users
• More than 550 books now available!
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams." - H.G. Wells
Ratings and Reviews
Great concept, brilliant execution
Absolutely brilliant! I’ve always wanted to read more classic books and the delivery of a small chunk a day makes this very easy. I highly recommend upgrading to premium; the ability to pause and rewind a book is very useful if you find yourself slipping behind.
A well made app with a fantastic concept, I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to expand their knowledge of classic literature.
Excellent except that it doesn’t sync as I think it should, so even if I’ve read an instalment on one device it still shows it as outstanding on another, and e.g. pausing on one device doesn’t pause on the other.
Also, after giving notifications correctly for around four weeks, it has now stopped showing a badge when a new episode is available.
Quite disappointed as I felt this was a really useful app..
Thanks for reporting this! Could you write to me from within the app (Settings > Feedback)? That way I can better investigate the sync problem you’re experiencing. Thanks again!
A fun way to start the day
A fun way to start the day and get round to reading that book you always never had time to read. Small chunks of a story are delivered each day at the time of your choosing, with encouragement along the way. I bought the upgrade as I think this is a good concept to support. The dictionary doesn't work from my iPad, but does give a link to the web. However the nice people at the app do give definitions of the more obscure/archaic words as you go along. I'd highly recommend it.
- Michael Schmitt
- 44.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Serial Premium £2.99
- Tip Jar - Essay £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.