Shakespeare In Bits: Macbeth iPad Edition
By Mindconnex Learning Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** IMPORTANT ***
This App is being maintained to allow for bulk school purchases via Apple's Volume Purchase Program.
Individual users should download the free universal version of our App, simply called 'Shakespeare In Bits'. In our new version, all plays can be purchased and downloaded in-app, and can be used on both your iPhone and iPad with a single purchase. You can also view free previews of several plays.
This resource is provided for personal use only. It must not be used for whole-class instruction via whiteboard or projector, unless every student in the class also has their own digital copy.
Read, watch and listen as Shakespeare In Bits brings to life the tragic tale of the murderous Macbeth in one complete multi-media experience on iPad.
With two and a half hours of unabridged text, fully animated re-enactment and complete professional audio soundtrack, featuring the voices of Stephen Dillane and Fiona Shaw, Shakespeare in Bits Macbeth is the only study guide you will need to learn, teach and appreciate one of the finest works of the famous Bard.
Experience Shakespeare in all his glory
Understand and appreciate the linguistic richness of Shakespeare’s Macbeth with the original play text, broken into easily digested ‘bits’. In-line translation helps to understand difficult words and phrases within the context of the original play text.
Hear it, See it
Two-and-a-half hours of high-resolution animation with professional audio soundtrack help you to decode and comprehend Shakespeare’s fertile prose quickly and efficiently. The text, presented side-by-side with animated action, is easy to follow with portions of text being highlighted as they are being spoken in the play. The integrated combination of text, audio and graphics is designed to facilitate learners of varying abilities and learning styles.
Biographies for each cast character can be accessed from the main play or through a dedicated Cast feature. An illustrated character relationship map demonstrates key characters and their inter-relationships in the play.
Ace that Exam
Each Shakespeare In Bits title provides a wide selection of integrated analyses and study notes for each scene to help you understand plot summaries, key themes, language, imagery and quotes from the play. An easy-to-navigate visual scene selection menu is also provided to help you to quickly get familiar with the play’s sequence of events or to jump to your scene of choice.
- The unabridged original play text, broken into easily digested ‘bits’
- Complete notes, summaries, and analyses for each section
- A unique in-line translation system for obscure words and phrases
- Nearly two-and-a-half hours of animation, featuring the voices of Stephen Dillane and Fiona Shaw. (Audio provided by Naxos Audiobooks)
- Biographies for each character, accessed from the main play or through the cast browser
- A character relationship map, demonstrating key relationships in the play.
- A side-by-side main play view that presents the animations and the text at the same time
- High-resolution animations
- A text highlight feature, that highlights the current line of text being spoken in the animation
- Text highlight while seeking through an animation video, which allows you to easily navigate to a particular line in an animation
- Simple tab-bar navigation through all of the features in the play.
This title is also available in a Mac edition exclusively on the Mac App Store.
"Shakespeare In Bits: Romeo & Juliet and A Midsummer Night's Dream" also available now on the App Store and the Mac App Store.
What's New in Version 1.1.2p
-Fix for stability issues on iOS 4.x. Users of iOS 5.0 and greater do not need to update.
This is an exceptionally good app and has been very helpful for me when studying for my English exam. It contains the entire play in an animation, a good synopsis (summary) for each scene, detailed notes on each section of the scene, language translations, notes on language and theme and an option to add your own notes for each scene. All in all a very good app, the only downside is the expensive price tag, if not using it to study it is a wee bit too expensive.
Thank you very much!
I'm an English teacher and can fully guarantee that youll adore this fabulous app! My students love it, it's user friendly and the analysis is spot on!!
Some good; some bad
A well developed app that provides both an enjoyable and insightful look into Macbeth. At over £10, though, it is over-priced. A figure around £3 would be far more reasonable.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 25 January 2012
- Version: 1.1.2p
- Size: 367 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Mindconnex Learning Limited
- © 2012 Mindconnex Learning Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.