Shazam is one of the world’s most popular apps, used by more than 100 million people each month to identify music, get song lyrics, and now to discover the music that artists discover themselves.
"Shazam is an app that feels like magic" --Techradar.com
Identify music instantly and share in the thrill of music discovery with the artists you love.
See what top artists like Drake, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, The Weeknd, Ed Sheeran, DJ Khaled and others are Shazaming.
• New discoveries from artists you’ve Shazamed appear automatically
• Follow new artists with a tap of a button and see what those artists are Shazaming
• Stay up-to-date about new singles, albums, and videos from the artists you follow
• Enjoy music lyrics and YouTube videos
• Preview songs and add them to Apple Music or Spotify playlists
• With Auto Shazam we'll keep finding tunes for you even when you leave the app
DISCOVER & BUY
• Stay in the loop with Shazam’s real time charts
• Quick links to Apple Music and the iTunes store
• Connect Apple Music or Spotify to play full tracks in Shazam
• Check out recommended tracks to discover new music
• Find out what’s popular in your town, your country and the world
CONNECT & SHARE
• See what your friends are Shazaming when you connect your Facebook account
• Share your discoveries through Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and more...
SHAZAM FROM YOUR WATCH
• Launch Shazam on your Apple Watch to name that song in seconds, right from your wrist!
• See your past Shazams with a simple swipe up
• Use Handoff on Apple Watch and iPhone to buy the song on iTunes, watch videos, and much more
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
• Shazam visual recognition gets you more - tap the camera icon on iPhone to Shazam posters, magazines or books; anywhere where you see the Shazam camera logo
• Visual recognition also works as a QR code reader
• Buy tickets to see your favourite artists in concert
Use Shazam as much as you like – it’s unlimited. Don’t want the advertising? Upgrade to Shazam Encore.
• Previewing and buying music requires the iTunes music store in your country
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
• Facebook uses interest based advertising. More details: https://m.facebook.com/ads/ad_choices
• Some features are location, device and app version dependent
• Shazam may share collected location data for interest based advertising, allowing advertisers to infer interests and serve ads to users based on their activity and location over time.
Any questions or feedback? Check out: https://support.shazam.com
Discover more about the song you’ve Shazamed by swiping to video and tapping on Highlights! Highlights show you short videos of the artist’s top songs - a great way to find your next favourite hit.
Love the app? Rate us! Your feedback is music to our ears, and it helps us make Shazam even better. Got a question? Visit support.shazam.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Think identifying tunes is the only trick in Shazam’s magic act? Not quite. The app’s an unmissable destination for music lovers, with exciting ways to find tracks by your favorite artists, discover new ones, and interact with top streaming services. And yes, we’re still blown away by Shazam’s sorcerous ability to ID songs—especially when it happens on our Apple Watch.
Still a great app
Updated to the latest version ( iphone SE ) - and with regard to the release date of tracks etc. I was put right by the developers, realised my mistake and grudgingly admitted I was a bufoon! Although I don’t like the fact the app will do all it can to make you buy a track, or tell every social media platform in the known universe that you’ve just Shazam’d something, it’s still one of the cleverest pieces of software out there. I’ve been using this service since 2004 and remember dialling 2580 down the centre of my keypad, waaay before this became an application! My tags only amount to around 600 now so I have lost a good number somewhere along the way - I think the real number would be nearer 1000. But despite that, I have had a lot of use from this service, over the years. It’s not an exact science and Shazam doesn’t always get it right but 99% of the time it’s right on the money! Huzzaah!!
Hi, when you get a result, tap on the main image (it will be the artist photo or the song artwork). You will be taken to a page where you can see the album, year, label etc).
Good, but not great!
I couldn’t just judge this app on my personal opinion as that would be biased. I gave a 4 out of 5 because there will always be room for improvements. I don’t like the slogan they use.. “Name any song in seconds” as it doesn’t do that! It doesn’t name “ANY” It names most songs.
I held my phone up to the t.v once as there was this really nice song playing on an advert. I cranked the volume up and it said ‘No result’ three times. Okay, one song they don’t have I thought. Then a great sounding song came on the radio, to which I hit the big blue Shazam button. Nope, ‘No result’. I then heard a great Techno song play at a show. Again, I pulled out Shazam. Nothing!!
Don’t get me wrong, it helped with finding extremely popular songs, but when production music, bootlegs and samples are involved, there is no hope!
- Shazam Entertainment Limited
- 106.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Shazam Entertainment Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Ad free £2.99
- Upgrade From (Shazam)RED Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.