iStartSmart® Shell Squad Adventures is part of the award winning iStartSmart® Elite Learning System by
Hatch that presents a scaffolded set of learning games in English and Spanish designed to help children
ages 28 months to 5 years old build foundational literacy and math skills for kindergarten readiness
while developing empathy and self-esteem. Progress monitoring data of individual children and class
performance is automatically transferred to a Hatch Reporting System for easy monitoring and
management by teachers of early learning classrooms.
- 66 child engaging English and Spanish language learning games in 22 skill areas important for
kindergarten readiness that progress through 4 levels
- Personalized learning with patented photo login
- Teachers and administrators can set each child to the language profile appropriate to his or her program, including All-English, All-Spanish, or English or Spanish versions of math or literacy
- Game play progress and skill achievement data automatically captured in an easily accessible reporting
system so teachers can help children get ready for kindergarten by monitoring individual child progress
for refocused learning or additional small group instruction
- Intrinsic and extrinsic reward system for each learning game for child engagement with their learning
- All data captured during child play remains within the app until sent to the Hatch Report site online
that has secured logins to view data. With some exceptions and specific authorization, data captured
using the app cannot be sent anywhere other than to Hatch RMS online.
Who Can Use This App
This app is designed for use by young children and teachers (setup only) in conjunction with the Hatch
RMS online progress monitoring system. Users must have a Hatch account.
The app is available for users on iPad (2017) and iPad (4 th Generation) with iOS 10.3.3 or later (excludes
iPad mini models)
Version 5.8.1 enhances child play by enabling easier drag and drop of the right answer and more control
for the child to determine whether they want to listen to the story introduction for each game.
This version also enhances the Teacher interface with a new panel providing quick links to useful
features, an updated demo mode with 3 demo classes to reflect games presented at different age levels
and language configurations, and a new “Guided Practice” mode that enables a teacher to select any
English or Spanish skill game at any level so they can work one-on-one with a child who is struggling with
a skill level.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.