Shopping UK is a free shareable, shopping list that saves you time on your weekly supermarket shop. Enter the names of products or choose from suggestions, and watch as your items are automatically grouped by their location in the supermarket.
• Automatically synchronise your list with family and friends — for free. Immediately see their changes, and they will see yours. Shopping together? Split up, and tick-off items as you each add them to your basket. Your list will reflect what is left to fetch.
• Add items from the built-in database of over 20,000 product names to save typing.
• Or, enter items using natural language (beef or lamb, wine for tonight, birthday card - Amy, 2 large tins of beans, 3 small red tomatoes).
• Paste a list of ingredients from a recipe and watch as each product is recognised and categorised by its location in the supermarket.
• Self-improving suggestions — the more you use it, the smarter it becomes.
• Enter quantities (1 apple, 3 red peppers, beer x24, a dozen eggs), weights and measures (5kg potatoes, 2 pints of milk, 200g ham) and sizes (small onion, large steak)
• Tick each item off the list as you place it in your basket or trolley.
• When finished, clear the list ready for the next time.
• No internet connection needed †
• Supports large text display.
† An internet connection is not needed for general use, but is required to synchronise shared lists. If a connection is not present, synchronisation will still work but will be delayed until later.
Shopping UK is an advertising-supported app. If you choose to purchase Shopping UK Premium to remove ads, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. The current price for Shopping UK Premium is £4.99 per year, and may vary from country to country. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• Fixed issue that caused app to show a "Unrecognised sharing link" message for a small percentage of valid sharing invitations.
• Added rounded corners to the basket view.
• Added respectfully inconspicuous adverts to help support the future development of Shopping UK. Adverts can be removed via a premium subscription.
Ratings and Reviews
Basic but brilliant
Like the title says, this app is so basic but it is brilliant! So easy to use. I love the way it automatically puts products into a category and the fact that if you think it’s wrong, a few taps and you can change it to different one. Makes things so much easier when going around the store, tells you everything you need from that section!!
Only thing I think that would make it perfect, would be to be able to create different lists at the same time! I go to a few shops for different things, so have had to add them to the same list. To have different lists, with a title to differentiate between them would make this app perfect!
Wow - many thanks for your lovely words! Multiple list support will be the next big feature to be delivered after sharing support (which will arrive shortly). I have also noted your suggestion to have the ability to change the title — great feedback :)
Brilliant little app
As someone who has never got on with ‘shopping lists’ I absolutely love this app. I use the iPhone version and, as I always have my phone with me, I now always have my shopping list with me. No more leaving the list at home or in the wrong bag! The only thing preventing five stars is the inability to sync between iPad and iPhone... would much prefer to create my list on my iPad and then use the phone when shopping. But even without that it’s a fab little app!
UPDATE: With help from the developer, I now find I can share my list with myself and so can use the app on my phone in store and my iPad when at home. Perfect! Five stars!
Thank you for your lovely review. To share your list with your iPad, you'll need to send yourself an invitation (by sending an email or message to yourself) then open it on your iPad. When you open the invitation, provide a name — you can use the same name as you entered on your iPhone. This process isn't as smooth as I'd like yet, but it should give you the ability to share a list between your iPhone and iPad.
Love this app!
Brilliant design! I just have to comment when someone has obviously thought hard about the user requirements for an app.
This addresses the need to create the list with the minimum of typing and fuss, then it sorts the items into a useable list for when you hit the shop.
Pops suggestions as you type and if there are a lot, it suggests a group that you can tap for more suggestions-Genius! Also, the built in list is humungus and not in American!
I’m not much for gimmicks but the animated sorting into categories is understated and classy.
Agree with the other suggestions for adding and reordering sorting categories to add a bit of polish to a great idea.
- BlackJet Software Ltd
- 90.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation) and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 BlackJet Software Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.