Used by over 3 million teachers and students worldwide, Showbie is the fastest, easiest, and most effective app for assignments and feedback in your iPad classroom.
Find out how easy it is to assign, collect and review student work from thousands of compatible iPad apps, or have your students complete assignments with Showbie’s built in tools. Provide rich feedback using digital ink, text and voice annotations right on images and PDFs, and then add your students’ best work to personalized digital portfolios that can be securely shared with parents.
WHAT EDUCATORS ARE SAYING
“Showbie is my number one can't live without app! It makes the iPad workflow process a breeze! I especially love how it works seamlessly with so many other apps.”
— Kristen Paino, Lead Technology Integrator at Avenues: The World School
“I don't need to convince my colleagues that they need to use this app — it sells itself. I like that it gives me the flexibility in how I choose to grade my student's work, especially with the voice notes feature. There is no single third party app that I would rather champion.”
— Suzanne Lustenhouwer, Teacher and iPad Coordinator, Apple Distinguished Educator
“I love that Showbie is so versatile that the youngest of students can use it independently, yet it is appropriate for older grades as well. The ease of use makes it a great workflow solution for classes with iPads.”
— Kristi Meeuwse, Kindergarten Teacher, Apple Distinguished Educator
KEY FEATURES FOR TEACHERS & STUDENTS
• Share work from thousands of compatible iPad apps in a few taps
• Use the pen tool and pin text notes directly on any PDF or image
• Quickly distribute instructions and materials to your whole class
• Chat privately with individual students to provide timely feedback
• Record voice notes for verbal feedback or language exercises
• Quickly review and assess batches of student work and provide rich, valuable feedback
• Add student work to individual digital portfolios, or enable students to curate their own portfolios
• Invite parents to view their student’s work and keep them informed of classroom activity
• Can be used with any classroom subject
• Available in 13 languages
ENHANCED SHOWBIE PRO FEATURES
• Record and track grades as numeric scores or letter grades, along with qualitative feedback
• Provide richer feedback with more pen colours and line thicknesses, by typing on the page, or by pinning voice notes directly to student work
• Record longer voice notes and videos and upload larger files
• Lock assignments to control student access to documents and feedback
• Give parents complete access to assignments in the classes you choose
New in 4.0.x
- Showbie now offers enhanced push notifications! See a more informative summary of messages, updates, and content from your classes, and quickly send replies to the push notifications you receive.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent teachers from cancelling their request to join a class.
- Fixed an issue that would cause students in a Showbie Pro class to experience Showbie Basic limitations when importing files and videos.
- Fixed a crash that would prevent teachers from adding or revising a grade from within the document previewer.
- Fixed a crash that would prevent you from revising a pinned comment after navigating a multi-page document.
- Fixed issue where importing some URLs and text from other apps would display an error message.
- Drag and dropping a screenshot into the app successfully imports
- Drag and dropping certain PDFs from PDF Expert no longer cause and error when importing
- Some URL sharing from Google Drive and OneDrive now import correctly
- Fixed a crash when adding a text annotation to a document while zoomed in.
- Fixed a bug with the customer support chat widget
New in 4.0:
- Class Folders: Now you can keep your classes organized by creating folders to group similar assignments together! Use Class Folders to organize assignments by subject matter, type of activity, or just to collect important assignments in one place for easy reference.
- You can now change the student-access setting (locked, view-only, or editable) for multiple assignments at once, or archive/restore multiple assignments at once, using the new Manage List option.
New in 3.8:
- We’ve completely redesigned the Showbie voice note recorder! The new interface takes up much less room on screen, so you can see more of your assignment or document while recording a note. You can also pause and resume recording, so you don’t have to nail your note in one take. Finally, try tapping on your profile pic while recording a new pinned note, to collapse the voice recorder into mini-mode.
New in 3.7:
- Highlighter: Now you and your students can use Showbie’s highlighter tool to complete assignments and provide feedback in an eye-catching new way.
- Universal Links: links to groups, classes, assignments and folders now open directly in the Showbie app. For example, if you receive an email on your iPad notifying you that a student commented on their assignment, you can tap the link in the email and it will open directly in the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Usable, simple, fun?
I use Showbie to share work with pupils all the time. It is easy to use I find it a great way to share video links, documents, web links, worksheets etc. as a history teacher I love the way pupils can annotate documents, political cartoons, photos etc by simply tapping on the images and then typing in a comment. I like the many ways teachers can then comment on work and in particular I encourage my pupils to self assess by adding comments or responding to my comments. It has really helped me increase the amount of self assessment that occurs in my classroom. It is also a good place for pupils to send my images of their work if they have been involved in group tasks, card sorts etc. Pupils just send me an image to represent the work they did in their lesson and then I can feed back over Showbie. At Priory our students use iPads to enhance their learning. Showbie is a great way to keep track of their work and a really helpful tool for any teacher who wants to use modern technology to enthuse pupils as well as engage them in their own learning. Parents seem to like it to!
For the busy teacher this is the 'perfect' app.
For ease of use with learners and teachers alike, look no further than Showbie.
As an ESL teacher, it is great for organising and distributing content to students as it is compatible with so many iOS apps. Assignments can be set with or without a due date making it both a great repository for storing materials yet at the same time creating a sense of urgency for learners to submit work on time.
Students can create portfolios of their work which can be graded right within the app itself.
Both teachers and students can leave voice notes, upload images, movies as well as a wealth of documents created within other apps.
Living without Showbie is inconceivable in my humble opinion. It is indispensable in my teaching and learning environment. Furthermore, the Showbie team are very quick to respond to any query raised; plus their website has great video tutorials with an equally useful FAQs page. Try it out, you will wonder how you ever coped without it before.
Essential for tomorrows teacher!
This app has completely transformed my teaching! It’s not just about collecting in work and marking it. It is an essential tool to keep me organised, it means I always have evidence of my marking for those pesky OFSTED inspectors, and most unbelievably it makes me enjoy marking!!! If you haven’t tried Showbie, I would highly recommend you give it a go. I guarantee you won’t regret it.
Using Showbie has meant that I never forget to set, or collect in assignments from my classes. It has meant that I have my marking time down by about half. It has meant no more buying or carrying exercise books to and from school, It has meant that no student ever has the excuse "I’ve left my homework at home sir”. Most importantly it’s meant that my feedback is of much higher quality and is available to both my students and my SLT whenever they want to see it.
I can’t recommend this app highly enough. I use it everyday, and couldn’t do without it! Thanks Showbie :)
- Showbie Inc.
- 127.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Showbie Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Showbie Pro Edition £149.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.