By PageSuite Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the Shropshire Star app for iPhone and iPad and get two weeks' access to our digital newspapers absolutely FREE.
The app's page-turning technology allows users to read Shropshire and Mid Wales’ favourite newspaper as it appears on the printed page, but in an electronic format.
Editions of the Shropshire Star are available to subscribers within minutes of publication, featuring the latest news, sport and opinion enhanced with exclusive video content.
What's more, once an edition is downloaded it is available to read anywhere - even when you're offline.
Other features include:
• Swipe to navigate through pages, zoom in to enlarge text or view thumbnails to jump to a specific page.
• Access to the most recent 30 editions of the Shropshire Star.
• A smart keyword search facility allows users to find stories on a particular subject, either in the latest edition of the newspaper or in the 30-day archive.
• Two ways to read: single-page reading view or turn the device horizontally to view a double-page spread.
• Download specific pages to your device.
• Full integration with Apple Newsstand.
• Push notifications for breaking news and key stories.
Download the Shropshire Star app today to take advantage of our 14-day free trial.
You can then subscribe to the app for £1.49 a week or £4.99 a month.
Payment for this subscription will be charged to your iTunes account upon purchase. The subscription will automatically renew within 24 hours of the current subscription expiring. Auto-renewal can be deactivated via your Apple account in the App Store. To manage your subscription, open the App Store and select the Apple ID button in the lower-left corner. (If you are not signed in, you will need to do that first.) In your Apple account page, select 'Subscriptions' then 'Manage' to see available options. For more information, read the FAQs.”
The Shropshire Star also offers a desktop service which enables users to read a digital edition of the newspaper on the computer. For more information visit www.shropshirestar.com/digital-subscribe.
Read the FAQs - http://www.shropshirestar.com/shropshire-star-ipad-and-iphone-app-faqs
What's New in Version 2.9.2
iOS 6 fixes
Surprised by the generally poor ratings given to this app. I have had no problems with it at all and of course, the content is excellent, as is the value for money compared to the paper copy. So I will certainly be renewing my subscription.
Clunky old fashioned interface, with too small buttons. No support for the latest iPhone screens even after they have been available for months. Regularly freezes up and needs restarting. Pages sometimes take forever to display.
Good paper / poor App
You have to handle this with care once you're on board. When it is time to renew be prepared to uninstall and reinstall as a matter of course. Could and should be much better.
- Category: News
- Updated: 28 November 2012
- Version: 2.9.2
- Size: 8.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: PageSuite
- © PageSuite Ltd 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Shrop News£4.99
- Shrop News£1.49