Use the ShurePlus™ MOTIV app for high-quality digital recording and editing with any MOTIV microphone or as a stand-alone tool.
• Make real-time adjustments to the MV88 iOS Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone:
--- Polar pattern selection (stereo, cardioid, bidirectional, raw mid-side)
--- Adjustable stereo width (60, 75, 90, 105, 120, 135 degrees)
--- Wind noise reduction: Low-frequency cutoff filter to eliminate rumble caused by environmental noise
--- Left-right channel swap: Flips the left and right audio channels to match video that is recorded when the microphone is reversed in certain phone/tablet positions.
• Record uncompressed audio at multiple bit depths/sample rates
• 36 dB of adjustable gain for MOTIV microphones
• High-resolution metering
• Preset modes to automatically adjust gain, equalization, and compression
• 5-band equalizer
• Edit recordings using trim or split options
• Share files via email, text, iTunes, Airdrop and Dropbox
• Save to compressed formats (ALAC, AAC 96, 128, 256)
• Save your audio recording as video
• Bug fixes
Having problems? Send your feedback through the app (MOTIV > About > Feedback)
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect form & function
Apps designed to go with specific pieces of equipment are often a weak point. Not this time. This app does everything you would expect it to do, in the way you would expect to do it. It does not distract from the main task of sound recording, which is to get the content, performance, and acoustics right.
That said, I have not used many advanced features, since my workflow is: record using Motiv on iPod Touch, AirDrop to the Mac, and edit with Audacity there.
I bought my MV88 specifically to record live bands. The VU meters in this app clearly indicate that it is not clipping yet the recording sounds clipped. I have yet to manage to get a live recording of a band that sounds better than the iPhone built-in mic. For medium to low volume sounds it works well, but otherwise I am dissatisfied.
And why is there no facility to save named user presets?
Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues recording. If the source is extremely loud, we recommend using flat mode with the gain at 0db. Please feel free to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like further help troubleshooting.
Fantastic for recording classical guitar and voice
Full control over all the microphone settings. LOVE IT !
- Shure Incorporated
- 24.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018, Shure Incorporated
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.