Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Battle to Rule the Pacific Skies!
Take flight over the treacherous Pacific waters where ace pilots redefine historic World War II battles! Skillfully pilot the most iconic American and Japanese fighter planes of the Pacific War while representing the Army or Navy. Upgrade your fighters and promote your leading pilots so they master new skills needed to ambush an enemy VIP, rescue POW pilots or torpedo bomb enemy targets!
Can you turn the tide of war? Or will you go down in flames to an enemy ace?
• Enlist in over 180 missions set in iconic WWII battles like Pearl Harbor, Midway and Guadalcanal
• Expertly pilot fleets of American or Japanese aircraft while representing the Army or Navy
• Earn promotions, equipment upgrades and advanced Ace maneuvers
• Personalize your pilot profile and aircraft to set you apart in battle
• Single player battles & Multiplayer missions with leaderboards through Game Center
What's New in Version 1.2
Added the word “Autosave” to the “Continue Last Game” button to clarify what it does. Simply click this button to pick-up where you left off with the last game in progress.
Optimizations and Bug Fixes
Improved and as addictive as ever
Excellent. After a couple of hours of play, I'm happy that I spent another couple of quid on this. Ace Patrol was one of my favourite games of 2013 and this is better.
It looks crisper but the improvements are not just aesthetic. There is now a speed system and the player is informed of their current speed level, which dictates the available moves. I think a few new moves have also been added and you can now see an explanation of the icons on your available flight cards without needing to go look them up.
New planes also look lovely. Zero vs Hellcat anyone? Hard to resist. My advice: buy it.
It's a great game, but it needs a scenario maker with 5 vs 5 battles
Anyone who says you shouldn't buy this over the original is wrong. Planes are more manoeuvrable so have more options. Plus it's like adding extra levels to the fantastic first game so why not buy it?
- Category: Games
- Updated: 17 December 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 142 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Developer: 2K Games
- © 2013 2K Games, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.