Sid Meier's Pirates!
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Discover what it takes to become one of the most famous pirates in history!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Based on Sid Meier’s original masterpiece, Pirates! invites you to live the life of a 17th-century Buccaneer in this epic, open-ended seafaring adventure.
Test your skills as a privateer flying the Jolly Roger across the Caribbean. Duel enemy captains, exchange plank-shattering broadsides and seize valuable booty, woo fair maidens, dig up buried treasure, and of course plunder unsuspecting ports. As your reputation and skills grow, so will the size and quality of your crew, and your ability to take on larger enemy ships, raid heavily fortified ports, and locate ancient treasure. There’s a whole cast of interesting and dangerous characters to meet, mysteries to solve, and exotic island destinations to discover.
It’s a game of high adventure, where brave and skilled players battle for treasure and glory. Those who succeed achieve great fame and wealth – and those who fail rest forever in Davy Jones’ locker!
• Battle, overtake and command 27 different ship types, enhanced with assorted ammo, cannon and other upgrades.
• Take on various foes including merchant and military captains, ferocious pirates, evil gentry and even rival suitors; each with different skills and abilities.
• Engage in fierce naval battles fighting single enemies or multiple ships.
• Sneak into towns, escape out of prisons, navigate around adversaries and surprise enemy vessels.
• Dispatch landing parties of buccaneers in strategic battles to take over entire cities.
Important information regarding Sid Meier’s Pirates:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• You can find out more about the game on the Sid Meier’s Pirates! mini-site at feralinteractive.com/pirates
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 1.4 GHz, RAM: 512MB, Graphics: 64MB, Free Space: 1.4GB.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
© 2005-2011 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. All rights reserved. 2K Games, the 2K Games logo, and Take-Two Interactive Software are all trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Sid Meier’s Pirates! © 2005-2011 Firaxis Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
What's New in Version 1.1.2
Fixes a crash on launch that affects users running in Eastern European or Asian languages. If you do not run your Mac in any of those languages you will not see the issue and do not need to install the update.
Users running in English DO NOT need to install the update.
Great, the good, then boring
It is always a risk when you download an old game such as this one and at first you genuinly belive it is a brilliant game. No real gameplay restrictions, huge open map, lots of missions and lots of enimies. And then you start to realise it is a little repetative with the battles, missions and the highly annoying, fustratingly repetative procedure to court a woman. And then when you are a fair way into the game, and you have a big powerful ship with lots of guns and a large crew and your running around a giant map chasing some guy who knows something about your missing family (main story line, you get bored of doing your own thing and just get on with the story), fighting against the wind (which blows strangly and apparently only westerly), and stealing money along the way, you stop and think: "Wow" because start to imagine what better uses of your time you have than playing this.
First hour: Great
Second hour: Good
Third hour: Bored
I have now deleated the game and probably not re-instal it ever. Waste of a huge amount of money. I warn you that you will get bored and feel cheated out of your money.
it is a great game
brilliant time waster, i do not own it, but i do play it a lot (dont ask). it is a complex game and there are many different elements to it. once you get used to, and 'master' the controlls/ gestures that you use, then is promts you, incase you want to make it more difficult. there is a plot to this game, and it does take more than five seconds to complete. i especially enjoy sword fighting, out of the many activities you can come acroos such as sea battles, dancing, land battles, trading, ship collecting, pirate hunting, and hundreds more of your choice. what's more, you can choose what side you wish to be on such as holland, britain, spain, and france, not to mention pirates. great game. a little pricy, but if you have plenty of money, this will give you great pleasure.
Constant crashes alo there is some driver issues in cut away story. The game is dated and the game play is repetitive and I was winning fight all too easily.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 21 June 2011
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 934 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © 2005-2011 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. All rights reserved. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later