Take command of a fleet of powerful starships in this adventure-driven strategy game from legendary designer Sid Meier. Travel to new worlds, completing missions to help save and protect the planets and their people from dangerous Space Pirates, to powerful Marauders and other hostile factions. Build a planetary federation as you strengthen your fleet and secure your homeworld as you attempt to preserve intergalactic peace and your vision of humanity. Set in the universe of Civilization: Beyond Earth after the age of the Seeding, Sid Meier’s Starships offers sci-fi/strategy fans a full stand-alone game experience that also features cross-connectivity with Beyond Earth, expanding the depth of both games. See if you have what it takes to rule the universe!
• Tactical Space Combat: Encounter unique tactical challenges in every mission, with dynamically generated maps, victory conditions, and foes.
• Fully Customizable Starships: Create an armada that fits your tactical plan with modular spaceship design.
• Diplomacy, Strategy, and Exploration: Expand the influence of your Federation and gain the trust of the citizens of new planets. Use the unique abilities of the each planet to enhance your fleet and Federation, and keep your opponents in check. Build improvements on worlds to increase the capabilities and resources of your Federation.
• A Galaxy Of Adventure: Explore the galaxy as you lead your fleet to distant worlds and complete missions to help the citizens of these planets. Fight pirates, protect colony ships, destroy rogue AI, and more.
• Multiple Paths To Victory: Will you win by conquering the greatest threat to the galaxy? Or will you unite a plurality of worlds in your Federation? Perhaps you will lead your people to push the frontiers of science. Each choice you make carries consequences on your path to victory.
AI’s will play by player chosen constrained victory rules.
Players will now start with one ship on impossible difficulty.
Megabot strength has been increased.
Wonder Victory now requires 9 wonders.
AI will now attempt more missions per turn on Impossible difficulty .
AI will now use stealth more often.
The Negotiate button on the bridge view is now named “Negotiate”.
Fixed the damage meter in the Fleet Overview when ship need repair.
The How to Play screen now states that a population victory is but one way to win the game.
And other minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Bloody freezing all time
Why o why o why does this paid game keep freezing in missions.
1. On torpedo turn freeze
2. Enemy turn freeze
So you end up having to exit game and reboot iPad to be able to play. Until it happens again..... I do not expect a paid game which should have been game tested before release. But yet here they are BUGS BUGS AND MORE BUGS. Please do an update to get rid of these absolute pain in the back side faults. With out them this is a five star game easily. Also why can you not have more than one fleet. While the game is working I enjoy playing it 100% and I try not to let the bugs ruin my enjoyment. But it is hard to do forever
Good Gameplay Yet Short, Easy and Buggy
After completing the game on moderate and hard within the first 2 days of buying it, I began the impossible campaign, which, though more realistically challenging, might have actually been called impossible for the reason that, halfway through the campaign, it won't let me save anymore and then soon crashes. Not worth the expensive price label. Looks like they cut corners on the game testing.
Nice little games with good interface and solid graphics. Game play is good but the computer AI is seriously stupid making it much too easy even on 'impossible' level. Grab some torpedoes and wipe the floor with the opposition. Not sure what the point of the diplomacy functions are, they seem to do little but give you some Intel on the opposition.
Shame this could be quite addictive if it had a bit of longevity.
- 2K, INC.
- 568.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2015 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.