Signal - Private Messenger
By Open Whisper Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Privacy is possible, Signal makes it easy.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly while avoiding SMS fees, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once, and share media all with complete privacy. The server never has access to any of your communication and never stores any of your data.
• Say Anything - Signal uses an advanced end to end encryption protocol that provides privacy for every message every time.
• Open Source - Signal is Free and Open Source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code. Signal is the only private messenger that uses open source peer-reviewed cryptographic protocols to keep your messages safe.
• Be Yourself - Signal uses your existing phone number and address book. There are no separate logins, usernames, passwords, or PINs to manage or lose.
• Group Chat - Signal allows you to create encrypted groups so you can have private conversations with all your friends at once. Not only are the messages encrypted, but the Signal server never has access to any group metadata such as the membership list, group title, or group icon.
• Fast - The Signal protocol is designed to operate in the most constrained environment possible. Using Signal, messages are instantly delivered to friends.
• Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear phone calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@WhisperSystems) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
What's New in Version 2.7.1
• *NEW FEATURE* Introducing video calling and CallKit support. Opt-in for both at Signal > Settings > Advanced > Enable Video Calling. Calls to or from contacts who also have this setting enabled will use the new next-generation calling and support video. CallKit is available on iOS10+, and allows you to answer calls directly from your lock screen.
• *NEW FEATURE* Start a Signal conversation with someone who is not in your contacts by typing their phone number into the search field from the compose message screen.
• Fixed sent messages from Signal Desktop appearing as unread on the iPhone.
• Crash Fix
Secure and private
Very good functionality without data collection of all my contacts and movements, unlike Whatsapp and others.
Signal is a solid messaging app, with an easy, intuitive interface. It also supports all the extra functions you'd hope for from a messaging app like groups and gifs. All this from a property secure platform.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 16 February 2017
- Version: 2.7.1
- Size: 52.7 MB
- Languages: English, Albanian, Azerbaijani, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Developer: RIDDLE QUIET VENTURES, LLC
- © Open Whisper Systems
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.