By ModelMaker Tools BV
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
SimpleMind FREE is a Mind Mapping tool that turns your Mac into a brainstorming, idea collection and thought structuring device. It connects to the similar SimpleMind for iPhone/iPad app.
• SimpleMind (Mac) — available from the AppStore
• SimpleMind+ (Touch iPad/iPhone) - available from the AppStore
• Easy to use — drag, arrange and edit directly on the Mind Map page.
• Tap or drag Node Well to add new Topics.
• Full Undo/Redo in the editor.
• Visual styles change colors, borders and lines for maximum presentation impact.
• Pick colors from style palette or custom colors.
• Cut/Copy/Paste - move or duplicate topics between Mind Maps.
• Create new MindMap from selection or clipboard
• Reconnect topics using drag drop, aided by topic auto-layout.
SHARE YOUR IDEAS:
• Print your Mind Map.
• Open Mind Maps created with SimpleMind Touch for iPhone or iPad.
What's New in Version 1.9.5
Minor optimizations and improvements.
Several bugs fixed.
Decent, but lacking in some usability areas
Good little app, but I've a few suggestions to make it more usable
- Would like to see a way to automatically highlight all leaf-nodes in a different color (maybe via a toggle button). This would be useful for project dependency graphs so you can easily see which are the priority tasks which need doing.
- The hover button which appear on a node are a little clumsy, and switch position depencding on what side of the Main node they are on. Would like an option to keep the position consistent always (ie + button always on left)
- Seems to be no way to select multiple nodes, you have to click each one and delete in turn. Maybe holding SHIFT could allow multi-select, or holding CMD would allow a bounding selection box to be drawn so you can select a bunch of them at once and ten drag them into a new position
Good revision app
Good revision app and easy to use! Also love the fact that you can print them out easily.
This is a very useful app which does the job of many vastly over priced programmes on the market. I would really recommend it.