Developed by 3D4Medical in collaboration with Stanford University School of Medicine.
This is a major upgrade and contains 94 movement animations, 596 audio pronunciations and color mapping of the skull and pelvis bones.
For a 2 minute overview of how this app works - please visit: http://applications.3d4medical.com/skeletal_pro.php
Skeleton System Pro III contains hundreds of improvements - here are a few:
• 360 horizontal degree rotation of any body part - all easily controlled with your mouse.
• Rotate vertically for inferior and superior views (where applicable) - with the swipe of your mouse.
• 94 animations of every movement of each articulation (e.g. flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, etc.).
• 2 types of Quiz, Drag and Drop and Multi-choice.
• 596 audio pronunciations, for every label.
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
• Color mapping of the skull and pelvis bones.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
• Full Screen Mode: One click and the app fills the screen.
• Interface: Completely rebuilt to allow for simple navigation.
• Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
• Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
• Double-click to Zoom: Zoom in to and identify any region, bone, skeletal area or ligament by double-clicking on the screen.
• Super Zoom and Pan: When zoomed in to an area, you can double-click again for a super zoom. To move the image, just press and hold your right-click button.
• Use your mouse to Cut: Slice skeletal areas for a coronal, sagittal or transverse cut view (where applicable) - use hints to learn how.
• Press the Scalpel: To add or remove up to 4 layers of connective tissue.
• Pins appear in both English and Latin.
• Double-click again for additional Zooming: Useful when there are multiple pins.
• Customize Pins: Add your own pins and notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Customize the App: Using the settings function the user can choose which pins appear within the app - customize to different levels, i.e. high school, nurses etc.
Skeleton System Pro III - includes the most in depth 3D skeleton ever developed, the ability to rotate, cut and get superior/inferior views all with simple movements of the mouse.
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used as a fast and innovative reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select an item and the app will automatically zoom in and identify it.
Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, allowing them to visually show detailed areas of the skeletal system to their patients or students - helping to educate or explain conditions, ailments and injuries.
Ratings and Reviews
Mr Nick Wordsworth
This amazing app has just got incredible! The updates from version II to Version III is phenomenal. As a radiography student this app is essential and really helps to support core text books and images. I have had many a night with my books open and this app open looking at the interaction of the bones and the views from the different angles available. This app also really helps radiography students to learn the different angles of the images such as inferiorly and superiorly etc. I have also brought this app on my iphone so I can have a constant referance. Well done Nova, I'm really intrigued to see what any future updates have, as this is already an increadible app.
Useful in parts
I'm a 1st Year Dental Student. This has been a massive help when going through the lower skeletal systems and parts of the spine, but the biews of the skull are annoyingly limited. The point of this programme is that it should be 3 dimensional and can be moved to get better views easily, but when looking at parts of the sphenoid bone and occipital bone, views of entire canals and openings are completely obscured from view. It is useful that you can add your own pins, to add detail which is missing, but this function is useless when you can't see the feature you want to label.
Very useful but could do with improved navigation
i’ve found this application very useful. i’m teaching myself about anatomy and some books are overwhelming. next to having a model skeleton this is so useful to rotate, slice and view the skeleton from different perspectives. I would love to see the navigation system be simpler and more responsive as i often find it difficult to zone in on exactly the area i want
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.