Developed by 3D4Medical in collaboration with Stanford University School of Medicine.
AS SEEN ON TV: This app is featured in Apple's iPad TV ad.
"Named by Apple as one of the top 5 medical iPad apps of 2011"
For a 2 minute overview of how this app works - please visit: http://applications.3d4medical.com/skeletal_pro.php
Skeletal System Pro contains hundreds of improvements - here are a few:
• 360 horizontal degree rotation of any body part - with a swipe of your finger.
• Rotate vertically for inferior and superior views.
• 94 animations of every movement of each articulation (e.g. flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, etc)
• 2 types of Quiz, Drag and Drop and Multi-choice.
• 596 audio pronunciations, for every label.
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
• Color mapping of the skull and pelvis bones.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
• Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
• Interface: Completely rebuilt to allow for simple navigation.
• Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
• Double Tap to Zoom - zoom into and identify any region, bone, skeletal area or ligament by tapping on the screen.
• Use your finger to Cut - slice skeletal areas for a coronal, sagittal and transverse cut view (where applicable) - use hints to learn how.
• Press the Scalpel - to add or remove up to 4 layers of connective tissue.
• Pins appear in both English and Latin.
• Double Tap again for additional Zooming - useful when there are multiple pins.
• Customize Pins - add your own pins and notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Customize the App - using the settings function the user can choose which pins appear within the app - customize to different levels, i.e. high school, nurses etc…
The Skeletal System Pro III - includes the most in depth 3D skeleton ever developed, the ability to rotate, cut and get superior/inferior views all with the simple stroke of the finger.
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used as a fast and innovative reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select an item and the app will automatically zoom in and identify it.
Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, allowing them to visually show detailed areas of the skeletal system to their patients or students - helping to educate or explain conditions, ailments and injuries.
Ratings and Reviews
The app is excellent. The pins are too close to each other on my phone as my phone has a small screen. The quizzes are very good for revision.
As a sports science student this app is a must have!!!!! My anatomy tutor has forced us to download it! God bless her!!!!
Outstanding product! (V3.0)
Edited 17th May 2012: updated to v3.0 and my rating has increased from 4 to 5 stars. I use this app to explain to patients how their bones have been affected by their injuries.
Functionality and interface changes make this the goto app for skeletal information. Cannot recommend this app too highly. There is now no need to carry a heavy, expensive atlas of anatomy.
The iPhone marches onwards as one of the most useful pieces of technology I have owned. Well done Nova!
I liked this product. the illustrations are clear and the labelling and additional information is very helpful. I was less enamoured of the actual text used because I found the writing a little too small for my spectacle-assisted vision. I do hope that the developers can overcome the limitations inherent in packing so much information of this high quality, into the small screen area provided by the iPhone. Nevertheless, many people will find this application very well thought out and packed to capacity with valuable reference information.
I contact the support line by e-mail (because of a simple error I had made after installing the software) and I received a rapid and very helpful response from the CEO of the company whereafter a useful dialogue ensued. It was a very impressive and accomplished performance and I have no hesitation in recommending this application very highly. Purchase with confidence.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.