Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sky+ app is the best way to discover and manage all of your Sky TV and movies.
The key features:
• HOMEPAGE – The new Homepage makes exploring a world of entertainment easier and faster with all of your TV & Movies options in one place
• TV GUIDE – Browse what’s on TV and set your Sky+HD box to record any show when you’re at home or on the move
• SMART SERIES LINK - Record the current and the future series of a TV show at the touch of a button
• CATCH UP TV - Find the shows you’ve missed at no extra cost and download them to your Sky+HD box
• TV BOX SETS – Dive into complete series of the latest and greatest shows and download them to your Sky+HD box
• NEW & RECOMMENDED – Find the latest TV shows and catch up from the start or browse through Showcase to see the best of on demand TV shows and movies
• SPORTS – Browse all the sports channels as well as all upcoming live sporting events and set your Sky+HD box to record or to remind you when it starts
• SKY MOVIES ON DEMAND - Browse hundreds of movies, with new premieres added every week and download them to your Sky+HD box
• SKY STORE – Choose from a wide selection of movies to rent and download them to your Sky+HD box from anywhere
• FAVOURITES – Create your own TV Guide by saving your favourite channels
• SEARCH - By title, actor, channel, sport and lots more
And when you’re at home with the Sky+ app on the same Wi-Fi network as your Sky+HD box, you’ll also get:
• PLANNER – Manage all of your recordings in your Planner without interrupting your TV viewing. Delete a programme you no longer want or just press Watch and it will start playing on your TV
• PHOTOS – View photos from your iPhone or iPad on the TV so the whole family can see those special moments
• RECORDING HELP - When several programmes you want to record clash, the app will suggest a solution
• REMOTE CONTROL - Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, change the channel and turn your box on and off. All from the app without the need for the remote control
To use the enhanced features you will need a compatible Sky+HD box and have your device and Sky+HD box connected to the same broadband network either with a wired or wireless connection. Please see the Help section of the app for more details.
In order to Record and Download programmes to your Sky+HD box you will need to register your Sky iD with the service at sky.com/remoterecord and simply follow the instructions.
Smart Series Link and photo viewing are only available to customers with a compatible Sky+HD box.
All recordings are FREE, however mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges may apply.
If you need help with setting up or using the Sky+ app please go to our help forum sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via email@example.com
If you are having problems connecting your app to your Sky+HD box, please make sure that your Sky+HD box and iPhone/iPad are on the same WiFi network. If you have a dual band router, the Sky box and your device must be on the same WiFi band. For more advice and information please visit our help forum at sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re having issues with Remote Record or connecting the app to your Sky+HD box please visit our dedicated help pages;
You can also email us if you experience any problems. Our email address is email@example.com
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: http://www.sky.com/privacy/
The terms and conditions reflect recent changes to the app. Please read them carefully before using the app.
What's New in Version 5.1.2
Welcome to Sky+ 5.1.2
This update includes some minor bug fixes and improvements to make your Sky+ even better.
Having trouble connecting to your Sky+HD box? Visit bit.ly/skyplusapphelp for tips and tricks to get Sky+ working with your set up and BT Home Hub routers.
Great app, could improve slightly!!
I enjoy using the app as intended but also to prank ppl watching by changing channels/turning the box on/off. Unfortunately despite requests users should know it cannot operate the TV as iOS devices are not infrared controllers (perhaps you should consider buying a SMART TV??).
Please consider implementing controls for a remote/wireless Reboot for the box as it would come in handy and also the ability to view the 'Deleted' programmes in the planner!?!?
Thank you :)
Good but missing features
It's good to record things when your out and so handy to use at home to control the TV. However I still need to get the sky remote to turn the tv on or change the volume as it does not have all the features that the sky remote has. Would be absolutely fantastic and so useful if it was to contain the "TV" button, sky button, volume button and possibly the 4 colored buttons.
Please support iPhone 6 res. Otherwise good app.
The app itself is good. Very useful for recording when. Your out and about or are not by the box.
However please sky make this compatible (screen size) with the iPhone 6 and 6 plus. It would be so much more usable with a little extra real estate.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 30 July 2015
- Version: 5.1.2
- Size: 55.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: BSkyB
- © 2011 BSkyB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.