Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sky+ app is the best way to discover and manage all of your Sky TV and movies.
The key features:
• HOMEPAGE – The new Homepage makes exploring a world of entertainment easier and faster with all of your TV & Movies options in one place
• TV GUIDE – Browse what’s on TV and set your Sky+HD box to record any show when you’re at home or on the move
• SMART SERIES LINK - Record the current and the future series of a TV show at the touch of a button
• CATCH UP TV - Find the shows you’ve missed at no extra cost and download them to your Sky+HD box
• TV BOX SETS – Dive into complete series of the latest and greatest shows and download them to your Sky+HD box
• NEW & RECOMMENDED – Find the latest TV shows and catch up from the start or browse through Showcase to see the best of on demand TV shows and movies
• SPORTS – Browse all the sports channels as well as all upcoming live sporting events and set your Sky+HD box to record or to remind you when it starts
• SKY MOVIES ON DEMAND - Browse hundreds of movies, with new premieres added every week and download them to your Sky+HD box
• SKY STORE – Choose from a wide selection of movies to rent and download them to your Sky+HD box from anywhere
• FAVOURITES – Create your own TV Guide by saving your favourite channels
• SEARCH - By title, actor, channel, sport and lots more
And when you’re at home with the Sky+ app on the same Wi-Fi network as your Sky+HD box, you’ll also get:
• PLANNER – Manage all of your recordings in your Planner without interrupting your TV viewing. Delete a programme you no longer want or just press Watch and it will start playing on your TV
• PHOTOS – View photos from your iPhone or iPad on the TV so the whole family can see those special moments
• RECORDING HELP - When several programmes you want to record clash, the app will suggest a solution
• REMOTE CONTROL - Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, change the channel and turn your box on and off. All from the app without the need for the remote control
To use the enhanced features you will need a compatible Sky+HD box and have your device and Sky+HD box connected to the same broadband network either with a wired or wireless connection. Please see the Help section of the app for more details.
In order to Record and Download programmes to your Sky+HD box you will need to register your Sky iD with the service at sky.com/remoterecord and simply follow the instructions.
Smart Series Link and photo viewing are only available to customers with a compatible Sky+HD box.
All recordings are FREE, however mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges may apply.
If you need help with setting up or using the Sky+ app please go to our help forum sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via email@example.com
If you are having problems connecting your app to your Sky+HD box, please make sure that your Sky+HD box and iPhone/iPad are on the same WiFi network. If you have a dual band router, the Sky box and your device must be on the same WiFi band. For more advice and information please visit our help forum at sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re having issues with Remote Record or connecting the app to your Sky+HD box please visit our dedicated help pages;
You can also email us if you experience any problems. Our email address is email@example.com
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: http://www.sky.com/privacy/
The terms and conditions reflect recent changes to the app. Please read them carefully before using the app.
What's New in Version 5.1.1
Welcome to 5.1.1
This update includes performance enhancements as well as kicked out some minor bugs. There is a re-design around login that may need you to login again.
Am I missing something?
I really hope I'm not speaking too soon! I'm not one to give Sky praise but actually, I really like the update- as long as it remains consistent & have only updated very recently.
I use the app to see what's on tv over the next week, remote record and as a remote control. Before the update, the app had some problems- no back-up button for example and no way to respond to messages on the screen.
The app also had problems connecting at times which was annoying!
Sky have added the ability to backup, select & put sky on standby. I can also now view my iphone photos on my tv! Nice!
Still some extras I'd love to see-like the ability to select and delete multiple programs at once and perhaps suggested programs based on stuff I already watch. I would REALLY love better control when it comes to FFing through ad breaks- I always over or undershoot the start of the program!
So far so good with this update- I just hope it holds up and doesn't have the persistent disconnection problem from the previous version!
Update is awful, very poor app and not value for money
As part of my sky package which costs a small mortgage each month I expect quality and useful functionality but this latest update has ruined it completely, it no longer works for anything and I have to turn my phone off if I even open the app to get my internet connection back. Please check these things before releasing the update, you clearly know you got it wrong because you released another update hours later but that has made it worse. Thinking of moving to virgin media, enough is enough for the money I pay you guys
This does what it is designed for, i.e. Syncs to the box and let's you control/add/delete recordings. For some obscure reason you can even sync your photos via this app. Why would you ever think "oh I know! I'd rather look at my photos on the TV than watch something good...."
However, what doesn't work is the option to watch what you have recorded actually on the app. I have seen the error "an error has occurred, please try again" far too many times now.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 04 June 2015
- Version: 5.1.1
- Size: 55.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: BSkyB
- © 2011 BSkyB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.