Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sky+ app is the best way to discover and manage all of your Sky TV and movies.
The key features:
• HOMEPAGE – The new Homepage makes exploring a world of entertainment easier and faster with all of your TV & Movies options in one place.
• TV GUIDE – Browse what’s on TV and set your Sky+HD box to record any show when you’re at home or on the move
• SERIES LINK - Record an entire TV series with the touch of a button
• CATCH UP TV - Find the shows you’ve missed at no extra cost and download them to your Sky+HD box
• TV BOX SETS – Dive into complete series of the latest and greatest shows and download them to your Sky+HD box
• SKY MOVIES ON DEMAND - Browse hundreds of movies, with new premieres added every week and download them to your Sky+HD box
• SKY STORE – Choose from a wide selection of movies to rent and download them to your Sky+HD box from anywhere
• NEW SERIES – Find the latest TV shows and catch up from the start
• FAVOURITES – Create your own TV Guide by saving your favourite channels.
• SEARCH - By title, actor, channel, sport and lots more
And when you’re at home with the Sky+ app on the same WiFi as your Sky+HD box, you’ll also get:
• PLANNER – Manage all of your recordings in your Planner without interrupting your TV viewing. Delete a programme you no longer want or just press Watch and it will start playing on your TV.
• RECORDING HELP - When several programmes you want to record clash, the app will suggest a solution.
• REMOTE CONTROL - Play, Pause, Fast Forward, Rewind, change the channel and turn your box on and off. All from the app without the need for the remote control.
If you need help with setting up or using the Sky+ app please go to our help forum sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're experiencing problems connecting your Sky+ app to your Sky+HD box when using the BT Home Hub router, please visit the following link for more information: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46134
To use the enhanced features you will need a compatible Sky+HD box and have your device and Sky+HD box connected to the same broadband network either with a wired or wireless connection. You do not need an HD subscription. Please see the Help section of the app for more details.
In order to Record and Download programmes to your Sky+HD box you will need to register your Sky iD with the service at sky.com/remoterecord and simply follow the instructions.
Series Link is only available to customers with a compatible Sky+HD box.
All recordings are FREE, however mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges may apply.
If you’re having issues with Remote Record or connecting the app to your Sky+HD box please visit our dedicated help pages;
You can also email us if you experience any problems. Our email address is email@example.com
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: http://www.sky.com/privacy/
The terms and conditions reflect recent changes to the app. Please read them carefully before using the app.
What's New in Version 4.9
- If your Sky+HD box is connected to broadband you can now send Sky Store downloads to your box from anywhere so that they are ready to watch when you get home.
- If you have a Sky+HD box you can use the Sky+ app to turn your box on/off and you’ll now have Select and Back Up buttons in the remote control.
- Fixed a bug on iPhone where TV Guide wasn't remembering the date/time you had scrolled to before opening the programme details page.
If you are having problems connecting your app to your Sky+HD box, please make sure that your Sky+HD box and iPhone/iPad are on the same WiFi network. If you have a dual band router, the Sky box and your device must be on the same WiFi band. For more advice and information please visit our help forum at sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
It's a good app but it should be merged with sky Go or have a feature on it where you can watch things on the go which are on your planner. It also needs a volume button as the remote feature is deemed useless by the fact that you need a remote to be able to change volume. It should also recommend programmes by looking at the things you have previously watched. It should also make it that all Sky channel programmes (Sky Living, Atlantic etc.) have all their current series' available from the beginning as there are some series' that I didn't previously know about that I want to watch but can't because there is only half the series available on demand. It should also be made that on demand programmes and movies aren't taking up space, it should be like virgin where they are stored in a separate place to the Sky box meaning it doesn't slow your broadband down when you want to watch something.
I love using the app to browse on demand and films. Really cool you can also download films from work to watch later. I do really wish there was a 'short list' or 'basket' where you could save films you like but don't necessarily want to download instantly, it's really annoying having to search for films I like to then forget what I saw. I'd also really like it if it remembered what number in the series you are up to like it does on Netflix, it would also be great if in series it ordered the episodes by series numbers. I think the planner should also be sorted with the most recent downloads at the top not at the end, or at least in alphabetical order.
Good app, getting better
This app is getting better all the time. It should allow you to watch recordings on your iPad from your planner, perhaps there are licensing/legal issues.
I would really like to see Never Miss either integrated or as a separate app, as the Never Miss is poor to use for such a great facility. Flash video doesn't show for example, and search/navigation could be improved on an iPad with an app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 29 May 2014
- Version: 4.9
- Size: 44.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: BSkyB
- © 2011 BSkyB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.