Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sky+ app is the best way to discover and manage all of your Sky TV and movies.
The key features:
• HOMEPAGE – The new Homepage makes exploring a world of entertainment easier and faster with all of your TV & Movies options in one place.
• TV GUIDE – Browse what’s on TV and set your Sky+HD box to record any show when you’re at home or on the move
• SERIES LINK - Record an entire TV series with the touch of a button
• CATCH UP TV - Find the shows you’ve missed at no extra cost and download them to your Sky+HD box
• TV BOX SETS – Dive into complete series of the latest and greatest shows and download them to your Sky+HD box
• SKY MOVIES ON DEMAND - Browse hundreds of movies, with new premieres added every week and download them to your Sky+HD box
• SKY STORE – See what’s available in Sky Store, choose from a wide choice of movies to rent from blockbusters to classics
• NEW SERIES – Find the latest TV shows and catch up from the start
• FAVOURITES – Create your own TV Guide by saving your favourite channels.
• SEARCH - By title, actor, channel, sport and lots more
And when you’re at home with the Sky+ app on the same WiFi as your Sky+HD box, you’ll also get:
• PLANNER – Manage all of your recordings in your Planner without interrupting your TV viewing. Delete a programme you no longer want or just press Watch and it will start playing on your TV.
• RECORDING HELP - When several programmes you want to record clash, the app will suggest a solution.
• REMOTE CONTROL - Play, Pause, Fast Forward, Rewind and change the channel. All from the app without the need for the remote control.
We’re updating Sky+HD boxes over the next few weeks and you’ll know when yours has been updated as it will have the new Homepage (like the one on your app). When you have it, you’ll be able to use the new remote control features (turn your box on/off and Select/Back Up buttons). Go to sky.com/skyguide to find out more.
If you need help with setting up or using the Sky+ app please go to our help forum sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via email@example.com
If you're experiencing problems connecting your Sky+ app to your Sky+HD box when using the BT Home Hub router, please visit the following link for more information: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46134
To use the enhanced features you will need a compatible Sky+HD box and have your device and Sky+HD box connected to the same broadband network either with a wired or wireless connection. You do not need an HD subscription. Please see the Help section of the app for more details.
In order to Record and Download programmes to your Sky+HD box you will need to register your Sky iD with the service at sky.com/remoterecord and simply follow the instructions.
Series Link is only available to customers with a compatible Sky+HD box.
All recordings are FREE, however mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges may apply.
If you’re having issues with Remote Record or connecting the app to your Sky+HD box please visit our dedicated help pages;
You can also email us if you experience any problems. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: http://www.sky.com/privacy/
The terms and conditions reflect recent changes to the app. Please read them carefully before using the app.
What's New in Version 4.8.1
- Fixes a bug where the TV Guide was opening at the wrong time
- Introduces a new app icon
If you are experiencing connectivity problems please make sure your Sky+HD box and iPhone/iPad are on the same WiFi network. If you have a dual band router the Sky box and your device must be on the same WiFi band. For more advice and information please visit our help forum at sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via email@example.com
Outstanding app, actually works quicker than the sky remote when controlling play back.
Minor problems -
The planner needs to be sorted in the same order as on the TV to avoid confusion, especially when two or more of a series are recorded as the top program becomes the newest recording, where as on the TV planner it is the oldest and the one you'd watch first.
The ability to delete programmes that have the keep sign should be allowed the same as on the TV.
If these were sorted it really would be an absolutely faultless app!!
The new UI makes the app much easier to use and find stuff 'on demand' but why does it take so long to connect to the sky+ box to enable control of the system? It seems every time there's an update the connection issues re-appear, I'd expect a company with sky's resources to have sorted this by now!!
The recent update has given an excellent layout. It works brilliantly with the TV guide and the search function is so much quicker and easier than using the Sky+ box.
The only downside is when searching for films/programs from the On Demand service. It should give the option of downloading both the SD and HD version. It currently defaults to the SD version meaning you have to search separately for the HD version.
This simple update would make it perfect.
Good - when it works!
When this app works it is brilliant. Unfortunately when I first downloaded some months ago it would only link to my Sky+ HD box when it felt like it.
Several versions later and it started working first time and life was good!
Now it has started with the connection problem again. I don't know if it is because of the upgrade to IOS 7.1 or it is a problem with the app. Whatever it is two updates later and still no connection.
Please Sky find a fix, I miss this app!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 27 March 2014
- Version: 4.8.1
- Size: 38.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: BSkyB
- © 2011 BSkyB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.