Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sky WiFi lets Sky Broadband Unlimited, Connect and Fibre customers stay online with unlimited wireless Internet at no extra cost in thousands of popular places throughout the UK.
For unlimited WiFi access at no extra cost on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch device, download the Sky WiFi app and follow the simple Sign Up. When you’re out and about, the app will automatically connect your device to Cloud WiFi Hotspots when you’re in range so there’s no need to re-enter passwords or login details once you’ve signed up.
Sky WiFi gives you:
• Unlimited Internet at no extra cost at all Cloud WiFi Hotspots throughout the UK.
• The ability to browse or email whilst waiting for the next train home and Sky TV customers can even watch TV from Sky in a coffee shop with Sky Go*.
• Sky WiFi in popular places including cafes, bars and train stations - including Pizza Express, Caffè Nero, Pret A Manger and JD Wetherspoons. Plus we’re adding more venues all the time.
• Peace of mind - no need to worry about using up your mobile data allowance as Sky WiFi won’t cost you a penny.
It’s so easy to use
• Simple Sign Up using your Sky iD. Don’t worry if you’ve forgotten it, we can help
• Once you’ve signed up, your wireless enabled device will automatically connect when you’re in range of a Cloud WiFi Hotspot
• Register up to six wireless enabled devices including smartphones, laptops and tablets, so everyone in your home can get online when they’re out and about
• Find your nearest Cloud WiFi Hotspots with our handy Hotspot Finder
Get connected now
* Compatible device required. Experience varies by location and number of users. Selected National Rail stations.
App requires iOS 6 or later
We hope you enjoy using the Sky WiFi app. Should you experience any difficulties with using the app then there is a team on hand to help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details.
What's New in Version 2.13
New logo, splash screen and fixes
Just saw someone suggesting that this app might be working again since the last update.
No. It's still broken. Still asks you to login, then still fails to connect. Why this app exists, I am not sure. It takes too long to find your location and determine where hotspots are.
I was sitting in a pub last weekend. I knew it was a cloud hotspot as there were signs up. After 5 mins of searching the app recognised there was a cloud hotspot. Even though my iPhone's wifi search had identified this. Of course if you want to login it redirects you to use the app. But I couldn't log on thanks to this broken app and, I think, Sky's underlying infrastructure.
Works great for me!
I am guessing they have made some improvements/updates since the reviews below as it works perfect for me! You can set it up so that it connects automatically to any cloud connection near you. There are so many spots it's great I almost always have a wifi connection when in town. Not come across any issues yet works great.
Apple should really remove this then maybe sky would get there finger out and fix it. I made the mistake of updating a working version of this app to the newest and it stopped working, it goes into a endless loop of signing in. Go to sky help forums and you see this has been like this for a long time. I have tried sky's advice to uninstall, accept all cookies,change my log in details , spin round three times chanting its free so what do you expect, all for nothing. So once again apple remove this rubbish.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 26 August 2014
- Version: 2.13
- Size: 18.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: BSkyB
- © 2011 BSkyB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.