Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sky WiFi lets Sky Broadband Unlimited, Connect and Fibre customers stay online with unlimited wireless Internet at no extra cost in thousands of popular places throughout the UK.
For unlimited WiFi access at no extra cost on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch device, download the Sky WiFi app and follow the simple Sign Up. When you’re out and about, the app will automatically connect your device to Cloud WiFi Hotspots when you’re in range so there’s no need to re-enter passwords or login details once you’ve signed up.
Sky WiFi gives you:
• Unlimited Internet at no extra cost at all Cloud WiFi Hotspots throughout the UK.
• The ability to browse or email whilst waiting for the next train home and Sky TV customers can even watch TV from Sky in a coffee shop with Sky Go*.
• Sky WiFi in popular places including cafes, bars and train stations - including Pizza Express, Caffè Nero, Pret A Manger and JD Wetherspoons. Plus we’re adding more venues all the time.
• Peace of mind - no need to worry about using up your mobile data allowance as Sky WiFi won’t cost you a penny.
It’s so easy to use
• Simple Sign Up using your Sky iD. Don’t worry if you’ve forgotten it, we can help
• Once you’ve signed up, your wireless enabled device will automatically connect when you’re in range of a Cloud WiFi Hotspot
• Register up to six wireless enabled devices including smartphones, laptops and tablets, so everyone in your home can get online when they’re out and about
• Find your nearest Cloud WiFi Hotspots with our handy Hotspot Finder
Get connected now
* Compatible device required. Experience varies by location and number of users. Selected National Rail stations.
App requires iOS 6 or later
We hope you enjoy using the Sky WiFi app. Should you experience any difficulties with using the app then there is a team on hand to help, please contact us at email@example.com with your details.
What's New in Version 2.13
New logo, splash screen and fixes
Apple should really remove this then maybe sky would get there finger out and fix it. I made the mistake of updating a working version of this app to the newest and it stopped working, it goes into a endless loop of signing in. Go to sky help forums and you see this has been like this for a long time. I have tried sky's advice to uninstall, accept all cookies,change my log in details , spin round three times chanting its free so what do you expect, all for nothing. So once again apple remove this rubbish.
As other reviewers have noted this App doesn't work. Register my phone through the app but when I try to access a hotspot it takes me to the registration page. When I sign in it tells me my device isn't registered. Have now registered manually (although that counts the phone as a second device) but that also defeats the point of the App.
I suppose the App serves a function in telling you where cloud hotspots are, but apart from that, it's useless.
Discrepancy of devices
I can register my iPhone through the app, but it won't let me use The Cloud unless I register it again through the Sky Wifi web page so I have to take up two device slots for one device. This needs to be sorted out so that both the app and the web page recognise my iPhone as one device.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 26 August 2014
- Version: 2.13
- Size: 18.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: BSkyB
- © 2011 BSkyB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.