Sky Go - our award-winning mobile video service lets you watch the shows you love from Sky whenever and wherever you want – at no extra cost for all Sky TV customers.
Sky Go Extra lets Sky TV customers download popular TV shows and movies via WiFi to watch on up to four devices. The content available for download depends on your Sky TV subscription.
SKY GO - KEY FEATURES
• Watch Sky TV live or On Demand on your compatible laptop, mobile or tablet
• Over 1000 movies On Demand, hundreds of entertainment programmes, sports highlights and a great range of kids shows
• Watch up to 73 live channels available depending on your Sky TV subscription, including:
o Sky Atlantic, Sky 1, Sky Living and Sky Arts 1
o A wide range of entertainment channels including MTV, Comedy Central, Fox and Dave.
o All Sky Sports channels including Sky Sports F1 and Eurosport
o All 11 Sky Cinema Channels and Film 4
o Nine kids channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney Channel
• Register up to two devices including iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Xbox 360, PC and Mac
• Watch live on up to two devices at the same time
• Remote Record/Download programmes to your Sky box
SKY GO EXTRA – ADDITIONAL FEATURES FOR UPGRADING SKY TV CUSTOMERS
• Download selected On Demand content depending on your Sky TV subscription to PC, Mac, iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
• Watch downloaded content anywhere, even without WiFi or 3G/4G
• Register up to four devices
• Watch live on up to two devices at the same time (streaming)
Watching Sky Go on your smartphone through a 3G/4G connection will use data and contribute to the monthly allowance set by your mobile network operator. Exceeding this could result in significant charges. For security reasons and to protect the rights of our content partners Sky Go is not supported on any device where limitations included within the device operating system have been removed or tampered with (aka Jailbreaking).
Sky Go is not compatible with the following devices: 1st/2nd/3rd generation iPod touch, iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G. We recommend using Sky Go on iPhones running iOS8.1 and above. The service is available in the UK and Ireland. Mobile network and/or WiFi charges apply. Contact your Network Operator for further information
How do I sign in?
All you need to start enjoying Sky Go is a Sky iD username and password
How much does Sky Go cost?
Sky Go is available to Sky TV customers at no extra cost but what you will be able to watch depends on your Sky TV subscription.
What are the streaming requirements?
We recommend a minimum continuous bandwidth of 2MB per second to access high quality streams
What download restrictions are there?
Sky Go Extra users can download selected Sky Go content via WiFi. Two downloads per programme. Content is deleted 48 hours after viewing starts or no later than seven or 30 days after download, depending on content.
After updating to the latest version of Sky Go, you will need to open the app in ‘Online mode’ in UK/Ireland to activate the device. If you open the app in 'Offline mode', you will not be able to playback your downloads.
General: Available to residential customers in the UK or Ireland only. Some programmes from live Sky TV channels are unavailable via Sky Go. Further terms apply.
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: sky.com/privacy
Ratings and Reviews
Watch downloaded content anywhere, and stream live content on up to two devices.
Invaluable but sometimes frustrating
I travel a lot so being able to catch up with programmes I’ve missed is a great help; although I record them on my Sky box there’s never enough time to watch them all.
The Sky Go app is good but there are some frustrations. They include:
- you can’t download all catch up programmes, some have to be streamed, but this might be a licensing issue and not Sky or the app’s fault
- downloads delete 48h after starting to watch them - why? What’s the problem if I want to watch something in two parts a few days apart?
- the app forgets which devices are registered; then I have to remove and add the device back, which can only be done once a month
- if I pause watching something the phone screen blanks quite quickly (if I go to make a drink, for example) and when I come back I usually have to restart the programme, though of course it does pick up where I left off; why can’t it simply be there waiting for me to press play?
There are other niggles, though I’d rather have the app than not.
Great Sky Go
Sky Go is excellent and saved me from complete boredom on many occasions, the only problem, it is frustrating however that you can’t always download latest sports such as premier league games and particularly latest F1 races and highlights.
Also why can’t you access the recordings and your sky store purchased downloads on your main Sky box either on Sky Go or Sky+ apps.
- Sky UK Limited
- 148.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, German, Italian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2018 Sky UK
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.