With a new premiere every day, the Sky Cinema app is a must-have for all movie fans! If you are a Sky TV or Virgin Media TV customer in the UK or Ireland who subscribes to Sky Cinema, you can watch more than 1000 movies on the go.
If you are a Sky Cinema customer, with a Sky iD or My Virgin Media Username, you can watch all available movies directly on your device, at no extra cost*.
We’ve now added download functionality to the app, allowing you to download your favourite movies to your device over wifi so you can watch offline or without impacting 3/4G data allowances, no matter where you are!**
Want to find out more about a movie? You can with the Sky Cinema app. Features include:
• Daily Picks
• On Sky Cinema
• Coming Soon
• In Theatres
• Sky Cinema Disney
• Device Downloads
We hope you enjoy using the Sky Cinema app. Should you experience any difficulties in using the app then there is a team on hand to help, please contact us at email@example.com with your details.
* Watching Sky Cinema channels or On Demand video requires a Sky Cinema package subscription from your provider. Some programmes from live Sky TV channels are unavailable via the Sky Cinema app. See the FAQs in the app for more details.
** Sky TV customers with Sky Go Extra and Virgin Media UK triple customers with Full House TV can download a movie two times per household. Content is deleted 48 hours after viewing starts or no later than 30 days after download, depending on content licenses. Download is not currently available to Virgin Media Ireland customers.
Sky’s full terms and conditions can be viewed here:
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at:
From April 2018 Sky Cinema subscribers will be able to stream Sky Cinema live channels and on demand wherever they are in the European Union - see terms and conditions for further information.
Ratings and Reviews
Unable to login at all
I have tried countless times to sign in using the correct details but app hangs on ‘please wait’ message but it never signs in. As a result I cannot get my sky box to record the movies I wish to watch via this app.
I guess Sky could care less about their deaf customers. Every movie I’ve opened none of the subtitles work either in CC or Automatic (recommended). Most don’t even work on the TV so shouldn’t be shocked this doesn’t work either.
Every now and then the screen keeps going back to the menu yet the audio of the film was still playing. Very frustrating as I have to keep closing the app. Back to Netflix I go
- Sky UK Limited
- 76.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Sky UK Ltd
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.