Sky Sports for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sky Sports for iPad is free if you have a Sky Sports TV subscription on Sky or Virgin Media.
This award winning app puts the biggest sporting events in your hands, enhancing your viewing experience with interactive Multi-Screen features and personalised news feeds.
Stream up to 7 Sky Sports channels live on your iPad - Sky Sports 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, plus Sky Sports F1 and Sky Sports News HQ.
Enhance your Sky Sports News HQ viewing experience – stream the channel live, view the top stories from each day and interact via social media and daily polls. Plus, you can enjoy live and in-depth football statistics with form guides, player profiles, live match stats and more.
Second Screen Experience
Our various second screen companion experiences put you at the centre of the action, live and as it happens. Whether its multi-camera action including more on-boards than ever before for the new F1 season, hawk-eye analysis for The 2015 Ashes series, multi-game coverage and highlights for UEFA Champions League and European Championships, or heat maps, match stats and more for Barclays Premier League, there’s an array of features to enhance your viewing experience.
Our second screen companion coverage includes;
- 116 Barclays Premier League games for the Sky Sports in 2014/1015 season
- UEFA Champions League
- European Championship Qualifiers
- The full 2015 Formula 1 Season
- The 2015 Ashes Series
- PGA Tour Golf events and The US Masters
Personalised Team Pages
Personalise your home page with news from your top 4 teams from Football, Cricket, Rugby Union and Rugby League
Team pages for:
- Every team in the Barclays Premier League, Sky Bet Championship and Home Nations
- Every cricket team in the LV County Championship Divisions 1 and 2, and internationals
- Every team in the Six Nations and Aviva Premiership
- Every team in Super League
How do I get the app?
Already have the Sky Sports pack on Sky or Virgin Media?
Enjoy an access-all-areas experience to Sky Sports for iPad with access to all of the above.
Customers with Sky Sports News HQ only in their Sky or Virgin Media TV pack can enjoy access to selected parts of the app (excludes access to any live channels not included in TV subscription).
Don’t have Sky Sports or Sky or Virgin Media?
Subscribe today to stream Sky Sports News HQ, enjoy the live data streams through the Sky Sports Event Centres and interactive news coverage.
Please note the £4.99 subscription only includes access to the Sky Sports News HQ channel. No other live streams are included.
Additional mobile network and/or WiFi charges may apply.
Please note: The Live TV feature and selected Video on Demand content is only available in the UK and Ireland.
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: www.sky.com/privacy
The terms and conditions have been amended to reflect the above changes to the app. Please read them carefully before using the app. For full terms see: http://www1.skysports.com/news/12073/7297414/terms-and-conditions
What's New in Version 8.3
We've added some exciting new changes to enhance your experience in the latest version of the Sky Sports for iPad app, including;
- F1 Updates ahead of the 2015 season
- US Masters and PGA Tour Golf updates for the 2015 season
- Live stream modules to show you even more live action including content previously confined to the Red Button on set top boxes.
*Please note that this will be the last version of the application to support iOS 6
Not even worth having.
Trying to watch any sort of live stream on this app is hopeless. Consistently stutters, buffers and is out of sync with the sound. If you do manage to get a decent quality picture, it won't last for long because all viewing times itself out after what seems to be 45-60 minutes. Definitely not a quick and easy short cut to sky sports from the sky go app. I would recommend using the sky go app instead of this as that seems to have none of these issues.
Useless for golf
1. If you can access the full leaderboard for the masters, then the UX is dreadful; if you cannot access the full leaderboard what on earth is the point of promoting this app as the only place for the Masters on iPad. This does not bode well for the Open if you have to switch between apps to stay in touch with the match. I hope the R and A are reading this.
2. What is the point of advertising coverage on the red button and not putting it on this app?
Really badly thought through by a company obsessed with football.
Needs A Fix
When you try to watch live sport it stops working why offer something that you don't fix
- Category: Sports
- Updated: 12 March 2015
- Version: 8.3
- Size: 128 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: BSkyB
- © Sky UK Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Sky Sports for iPad£4.99