By Sky UK Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Sky's new Virtual Reality app puts you at the heart of the action like never before. Enjoy fully immersive Virtual Reality content that makes you feel like you are actually there.
Join Leicester City in their day of celebrations as champions of the Premier League, walk down the red carpet with the cast from Star Wars or train with Anthony Joshua as he prepares for a world title fight.
***Please note that future release of this app will no longer officially support iPhone5 devices. For the best experience you will need to use an iPhone6 or above.***
- You will need a Google Cardboard compatible iPhone with iOS 8.0 or above
- For the best VR experience, use a Google Cardboard headset. You can also view the content as 360 degree video without a headset.
- The app shouldn’t be used by anyone aged under 16.
- When using the app take breaks frequently. If at any point you experience nausea, discomfort, eye strain or disorientation, stop using the app and/or Google Cardboard immediately.
- Don’t use the app and/or Google Cardboard while driving, walking, or in any way that distracts you from real-world situations or prevents you from obeying traffic and safety regulations.
- If you’re feeling impaired or disorientated after using the app and/or Google Cardboard, don’t drive or operate heavy machinery.
- If you regularly have, or could be prone to having, seizures, consult with a doctor before using the app and/or Google Cardboard.
VR is here to stay with Sky
This is a really great start for VR from Sky. There is already so much content with such a wide range. The only problems/issues/improvements I have is that sometimes the content can take way too long to load or buffer and sometimes the app crashes- (however this could just be my phone) - the next is more of an improvement- when controlling the app you should line the pinpoint up with the controls I.e play, pause, download, back, forwards etc. Other than that, this is a great app and cannot wait to see the further developments coming in the near future.
This a great start to VR by Sky and I'm excited to see what content will be added over the coming weeks / months.
One improvement that could be is for the controls play, back etc to operate when you look at them for a few seconds. Otherwise you have to remove the phone from the viewer and it's therefore not as seem less an experience as it could be.
The picture is quite good quality and I'm looking forward to see how this app develops.
Doesn't work in viewing mode.
Turn your head line up the dot and nothing...
Touch the screen to play in cardboard viewing mode. So have to take it out press the buttons put it back in and then miss half the clip
Better apps out there.
When you do play the clips all seems fine. Just doesn't work in cardboard viewing mode.
Fix it and it would be great with the correct content.
Recommend Live sports and some kind of animal documentaries would be good. Sign in with your sky account etc.
- Category: Entertainment
- Released: 03 October 2016
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 158 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Sky UK Limited
- © Sky UK Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.