Sky VR goes beyond watching – it’s an exciting and interactive way to experience brilliant Sky content and all it needs, is you. You can bring Sky’s latest experiences to life and immerse yourself in every moment of the latest Sky VR content, experiencing it like never before. From sports to cinema, news to entertainment, we have an expansive range of high quality VR content, with something new every month. And it’s waiting for you to bring it to life.
Highlights to come include:
• Bringing football fans closer to the action in places they don’t normally have access to.
• Photorealistic 3D holograms of Anthony Joshua in action, allowing viewers to experience like never before what it’s like to come face to face with the world champion.
• A great range of Sky Original Production scripted content, from the opportunity to delve behind the scenes of Britannia, to a fully narrative story for the smash-hit Italian drama Gomorrah, which was especially written for VR.
To use this app you will need a compatible Apple smartphone (iPhone X, 8 and 8 Plus, 7 and 7 Plus, 6s and 6s Plus, 6 and 6 Plus) running iOS 10.3 or above.
You can watch 360 video on your smartphone but for the best experience we recommend using a Google Cardboard or alternative VR viewer headset that is compatible with your phone.
Before using the app please read our terms and conditions at www.sky.com/vrterms
Any questions? www.sky.com/vr-help
We’ve updated the Sky VR app so that the iPhone status bar disappears during playback of 360 videos on your smartphone.
Ratings and Reviews
VR is here to stay with Sky
This is a really great start for VR from Sky. There is already so much content with such a wide range. The only problems/issues/improvements I have is that sometimes the content can take way too long to load or buffer and sometimes the app crashes- (however this could just be my phone) - the next is more of an improvement- when controlling the app you should line the pinpoint up with the controls I.e play, pause, download, back, forwards etc. Other than that, this is a great app and cannot wait to see the further developments coming in the near future.
This a great start to VR by Sky and I'm excited to see what content will be added over the coming weeks / months.
One improvement that could be is for the controls play, back etc to operate when you look at them for a few seconds. Otherwise you have to remove the phone from the viewer and it's therefore not as seem less an experience as it could be.
The picture is quite good quality and I'm looking forward to see how this app develops.
Almost there, but not quite....
I have a VR headset but it is not a Google Cardboard headset. Aligning the dot with the menu options works well but achieves nothing when the dot "rests" on the menu choice so I am unable to navigate around the choices that are presented. This is a shame and disappointment, it's an attempt from Sky to integrate VR but so far it's a little of a non starter; I Iook forward to the navigation being updated and fully enabled for those headsets that are not Google Cardboard...
- Sky UK Limited
- 191.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Sky UK Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.