Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sky+ app is the best way to discover and manage all of your Sky TV and movies.
The key features:
• HOMEPAGE – The new Homepage makes exploring a world of entertainment easier and faster with all of your TV & Movies options in one place
• TV GUIDE – Browse what’s on TV and set your Sky+HD box to record any show when you’re at home or on the move
• SMART SERIES LINK - Record the current and the future series of a TV show at the touch of a button
• CATCH UP TV - Find the shows you’ve missed at no extra cost and download them to your Sky+HD box
• TV BOX SETS – Dive into complete series of the latest and greatest shows and download them to your Sky+HD box
• NEW & RECOMMENDED – Find the latest TV shows and catch up from the start or browse through Showcase to see the best of on demand TV shows and movies
• SPORTS – Browse all the sports channels as well as all upcoming live sporting events and set your Sky+HD box to record or to remind you when it starts
• SKY MOVIES ON DEMAND - Browse hundreds of movies, with new premieres added every week and download them to your Sky+HD box
• SKY STORE – Choose from a wide selection of movies to rent and download them to your Sky+HD box from anywhere
• FAVOURITES – Create your own TV Guide by saving your favourite channels
• SEARCH - By title, actor, channel, sport and lots more
And when you’re at home with the Sky+ app on the same Wi-Fi network as your Sky+HD box, you’ll also get:
• PLANNER – Manage all of your recordings in your Planner without interrupting your TV viewing. Delete a programme you no longer want or just press Watch and it will start playing on your TV
• PHOTOS – View photos from your iPhone or iPad on the TV so the whole family can see those special moments
• RECORDING HELP - When several programmes you want to record clash, the app will suggest a solution
• REMOTE CONTROL - Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, change the channel and turn your box on and off. All from the app without the need for the remote control
To use the enhanced features you will need a compatible Sky+HD box and have your device and Sky+HD box connected to the same broadband network either with a wired or wireless connection. Please see the Help section of the app for more details.
In order to Record and Download programmes to your Sky+HD box you will need to register your Sky iD with the service at sky.com/remoterecord and simply follow the instructions.
Smart Series Link and photo viewing are only available to customers with a compatible Sky+HD box.
All recordings are FREE, however mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges may apply.
If you need help with setting up or using the Sky+ app please go to our help forum sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via email@example.com
If you are having problems connecting your app to your Sky+HD box, please make sure that your Sky+HD box and iPhone/iPad are on the same WiFi network. If you have a dual band router, the Sky box and your device must be on the same WiFi band. For more advice and information please visit our help forum at sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re having issues with Remote Record or connecting the app to your Sky+HD box please visit our dedicated help pages;
You can also email us if you experience any problems. Our email address is email@example.com
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: http://www.sky.com/privacy/
The terms and conditions reflect recent changes to the app. Please read them carefully before using the app.
What's New in Version 5.0.2
Fixes to bugs.
A great app still
This app is great, it has just been updated, now you can enjoy pictures on your TV rather than having to have a Apple TV to only do the job, it's smooth and does its job very well, I would like to see the ability to view your sky plus content such as your planner and being able to set up or delete recordings through a 3G or 4G data network rather than just wifi networks, I think this would be achievable since the app would already have your Sky details when you view your sky plus content through a wifi network in the first place. So sky please update to include viewing content from your sky plus with 3G and 4G networks. Pleeeease
Rename boxes and general improvements
I find the app very useful and use it all the time. My only issue with it is that I'm never sure which of my sky boxes I'm connected to. When I select the box I want to connect to I have to choose between model numbers, and I'm damned if I can remember which is which...worse for people who have two the same.
Please Sky have a way of naming the boxes something I want to call it, like Livingroom or Kitchen...then better still a fast way of switching between them without going to the settings!
Other than that, more suggestions would be good, maybe based on some previously given facts like: I love anything F1 and hate anything Eastenders and I like anything presented by Stephen Fry...
IP settings - thank you Lil4255!
I am grateful to Lil4255's post of 23 Dec, 2014 which propmted me to look at IP addresses. In our case, if we re-installed the app and also re-booted router and devices we could get everything to work initially: but after a while we got the familiar Cannot connect to Sky+ HD Box message.
So I started again but noted the IP address of the Sky+ box from the Networks menu when it was initially turned on. Then I logged into the router and 'reserved' this IP address for the Sky+ box in the LAN/DHCP/IP Address Reserve settings in the router. Precise interface details will vary with router (ours is a TalkTalk Huawei DG533).
All has been well for over 24 hours now. It seems that the Sky+ app does need to be closed on my iPod to ensure the turn on/off from standby function continues to operate (channel switching functionality seems to continue anyway), but I can live with this.
It is now very useful for me. Only 4 stars because it took quite a lot of time getting this far!
, after a while we got .
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 08 December 2014
- Version: 5.0.2
- Size: 49.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: BSkyB
- © 2011 BSkyB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.