By Divelements Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SkyDemon Light is a free basic flight-planning tool for UK pilots, offering easy route planning with graphical NOTAM depiction, airspace warnings and the ability to generate a PLOG containing route calculations.
FLIGHT PLANNING FEATURES
- SkyDemon vector charts are the clearest aeronautical charts you'll ever use, with dynamic airspace clipping and choice of map layers
- Route planning is as simple as touching consecutive waypoints and dragging to make changes
- Pilot Log facility calculates headings and groundspeeds from input wind vector
- Intuitive pan, pinch and rotate support with no loss of map clarity or text legibility
- NOTAM narrow-route briefing available, updated as you plan
- Advanced NOTAM graphical interpretation and depiction on the main map
- Warnings for airspace and other potential hazards to your flight, updated in real time
What's New in Version 2.4
Free filing of flightplans during the 2012 Olympic Games
Definitely the best pre-flight planning app around
SkyDemon Light takes pre-flight planning in the UK to a completely new level. The smooth point and click interface combined with constantly available context sensitive information where ever you position your finger on the chart make using the GUI a dream.
Continually updated NOTAM information utilising the same definitive source as the AIS website means that everything you ever needed to know affecting your planned route is available. The graphical interpretation of NOTAMS is superb but just in case something mentioned in the textual brief generated on the right of the screen is not readily apparent on the chart, the clever magnifying class function immediately highlights the location of the activity on the chart. The same is true of the airspace warning function which makes planning around the complex airspace of the South East of England a doddle.
Finally, the electronically generated and calculated PLog is the perfect sanity check to manual planning.
And all of this for FREE!
Well done to SkyDemon and NATS for removing any excuse for GA pilots not to properly plan their flights in UK airspace.
Chart Very Out of Date
Southend has had a large RMZ that isn't even on the chart on here. For this reason I wouldn't trust this app one bit. Will the (expensive) subscription app be the same? I'm not prepared to risk it!
Very useful for any professional/amateur pilot, balloonist, Drone flyer etc.