OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive)
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) is the one place for everything in your life. Easily store and share photos, videos, documents and more. When you upload photos or videos from your iPhone or iPad to OneDrive, you can get to them when you’re on your PC, Mac, tablet or phone. With OneDrive for iOS, you can easily get to, manage and share files on the go:
• Automatically upload photos and videos to OneDrive using Camera Backup.
• Browse all your OneDrive files and files shared with you.
• Share files by sending a link by email or getting a link to copy and paste.
• Move, delete and rename files, and create new folders.
• Open your OneDrive files in other apps, including Office Mobile for iPhone.
• Quickly get to documents you've recently opened.
What's New in Version 4.1
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Poor design again from Microsoft
Microsoft again fails to collect detailed requirements from users before building software - or chooses to ignore them.
I have used One drive for a number of years and thought I would give it a try as replacement to iCloud photo stream for backing up my camera roll. However, the experiment has ended unsuccessfully after just a few hours due to a number of design flaws. Here they are:
1. The camera backup cannot run in the background! Therefore, in trying to upload the initial 2,000 photos from my camera roll, there is a notification every couple of minutes saying: "Camera Backup is paused. Please open the SkyDrive app". Upload would take a heck of a long time due to this one!
2. One drive renames all of the photo file names with no option not to. This means that plugging in my phone the 'old' way to transfer photos to my PC, I'll have different file names for the same images. That's a nightmare to version control
3. No ability to pause or cancel an upload once started. Very poor - and something I needed to do when I realised the flaws with the camera roll backup
Therefore, whilst one drive works great in windows 8 and for documents, I can't recommend the camera roll back up. Microsoft, please fix this app.
Best thing ever
Dont listen to the bad reviews, if any,
This app is incredibly awesome. Microsoft really have pulled off the big one here, and that is truly honest. You have to check this app out for yourself!!
If you are especially having problems with your storage, just like me, then this app is the end to you crisis.
Trust me, download this app
Its truly AMAZING
Microsoft please improve this app
I love onedrive and want to use it but this app is so so basic that I can never leave Dropbox.
I have many videos but cannot see the filenames and does not have a detail view to sort them. This is very poor.
There is still no pin login security like Dropbox.
Backing up photos and videos is impossible as it will not work in the background. Make it an option when plugged in only if you're worried about battery life.
Please improve this app. Please compete with Dropbox or let them have it.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 19 February 2014
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 6.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2014 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.