Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
Learn more at skype.com
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.35.1
Welcome to Skype for iPad.
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you.
In this release, we've included a number of general improvements and feature updates to make Skype better for you.
Please continue to send us feedback, we're listening!
Recent update renders app unusable
Have updated today after being told to by the app so that I could make a phone call, once this completed I restarted the app to then be sent to a web site that lead me back to the App Store for the update. This cycle continued ad infinatum, if you and your friends can get another app that does the same thing then I would suggest using it. This smacks of the same marketing scheme that Microsoft had in the late nineties where it made itself incompatible with other systems to form a monopoly hope that it's not a return to those dark days.
15 years of using Skype...
I've been using Skype for 15 years now and it has generally been good for me, even when I am in the middle of nowhere. From time to time there are annoying problems - hard to know if they are the connection or the app, but given the general reliability and cost effectiveness of using Skype, they can be overlooked.
Generally works well when I need to use it, using it mainly for voice calls including landlines and a few international calls. A few hiccups here and there sometimes.
Ok so not iOS related, for some reason they have decided to drop support for (older?) Windows devices. A bit strange as Windows already has low app support. Oh well.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 25 May 2017
- Version: 6.35.1
- Size: 129 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up£4.99