Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
Learn more at skype.com
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.35.1
Welcome to Skype for iPad.
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you.
In this release, we've included a number of general improvements and feature updates to make Skype better for you.
Please continue to send us feedback, we're listening!
Reliable effective simple
A few irritating features, but then my use is low, works for calls to Oz, Canada and Frenchland on a regular basis, phoning landlines and mobiles as the elderly habitually switch computers off.... rarely have an issue, cheap to use, since MS took the helm, small improvements in connectivity and reliability. The App works fine, using an iPad Pro, never had an issue, more than can be said of Apples ever decreasing functionality.....
Recent update renders app unusable
Have updated today after being told to by the app so that I could make a phone call, once this completed I restarted the app to then be sent to a web site that lead me back to the App Store for the update. This cycle continued ad infinatum, if you and your friends can get another app that does the same thing then I would suggest using it. This smacks of the same marketing scheme that Microsoft had in the late nineties where it made itself incompatible with other systems to form a monopoly hope that it's not a return to those dark days.
Doesn't manage contacts properly
The upgraded app is pretty rubbish. I have several contacts with alternate phone lines and it insists on calling the Skype even if there is no reply and I cannot even see how to call the alternative mobile or landline numbers. Saved landline only numbers no longer appear in contacts. When my credit runs out I will look for an different app. Who does the user acceptance testing (is it 13 year olds whose contacts are always logged in) doesn't seem to have been done with anyone but teenagers in mind.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 25 May 2017
- Version: 6.35.1
- Size: 129 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up£4.99