Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
Learn more at skype.com
- iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.17.1
Welcome to Skype for iPad 6.17.1. We are working hard to make Skype even better for all your calls and messaging – here’s what’s new in this update:
- Add new friends by opening your Contacts, tapping 'Invite friends to Skype' and selecting who you want to join.
- Improvements to voice and video call quality.
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We are listening!
Landline call issues
After the last two updates of your app on my iOS devices, I am experiencing some issues when calling landline phones. On both devices, I receive a message that states that I am not connected to the Internet independently if I am using a Wi-Fi, LTE or 3G connection so I have to try many times before I can start a call. After the call is started, there's a lot of noise and delay in the communication. These issues only happen with my iOS devices, an iPad Pro 9'7 and an iPhone 6s both updated with the latest iOS version and the latest version of your app. These issues only started after the last two updates of your app. I never had this issues before and I am not experiencing them while I am using the Windows version of your app on my PC connected to the same network.
Use it regularly too
Simply brilliant. I suggest you hunt for the subscription package that let's you top up on a PAYG basis rather than the (sometimes) more expensive monthly subscription. Then again it depends how you use it - worth checking out your payment options before you commit.
Have used this app for years now and found it to be excellent. For me it is a lifeline as have family, friends all over the world and teach English using Skype. It has even replaced my phone. Reliable. Easy to use. Safe.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 07 June 2016
- Version: 6.17.1
- Size: 100 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up£3.99