The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, optimised to help you stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Communicate easily with the people in your life through free Skype-to-Skype video/audio calls, personalised messaging and low-rate calling to mobiles and landlines around the world.
• Message: Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis, react to messages and more.
• Groups: Free group video and audio calling for up to 25 participants, group chat with up to 300 people, and plan or play with bots, add-ins and personalised features
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
Note: Skype-to-Skype calls and messages are always free when used on an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection. Otherwise, operator data charges may apply.
iOS 10.0 or above.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Fixed an issue affecting video calls.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Not really sure that I am going to enjoy this as much as the previous one.. seems to me that despite the overall quality being pretty excellent there are far too many unnecessary changes. I think it would be fair to say that this app has been a great way for family to keep in touch ( now I expect my parents and many more senior citizens will struggle to get to grips with it) especially as the experience of seeing your relatives in real time is brilliant when they are so far away often abroad. I myself might manage to decipher the inclusive emojis, screen shots, split screen, and many more unnecessary changes , and I will definitely be in demand to explain it to my parents and other more senior friends. WHY WAS IT SO NECESSARY TO CHANGE IT? The old adage of “If its not broken why fix it “ comes to mind. I will try and get with the program and perhaps I will try and understand why you have to continually change in order to fit in with modernity, but Please , don’t keep making it harder for those of us that want a bit of simplicity without having to face the constant changes that YOU THE BOFFINS anticipate that we need in our lives ... We Really Don’t..xx
Update makes it more difficult to use
Added Microsoft login, meaning a Skype account alone isn’t enough anymore. During video call, buttons are much smaller on screen and harder to use. The video windows of own front facing and the other persons camera are very limited regarding moving around. For example, it’s now impossible to position the window with your own picture right beside your camera lense, meaning you always look like you’re not looking at the other person as your eyes keep wandering to the side.
Also, the notifications and profile options have removed all my previous settings (profile picture and status are gone), and it’s overall more complicated to use (more steps to achieve an actual call).
Utterly annoying unnecessary update
Why did you bother doing this, Microsoft? You already 'updated' the phone app. Most of us who remember the old Skype version believe you 'screwed it up' completely.
This was unnecessary, unwanted and turns a very useful and well-loved tool into an abortion of a software project. I mean, really, give this to a bunch of trainees as a side project for a bit of a laugh? Don't you get that this is a serious tool for a lot of people, both young and old? Don't you get anything???
Also, you have no style. The new app looks awful. Somewhat similar to your online awfulness, but much worse. I'm really quite impressed with how badly you guys can do icons. They're absolutely awful and utterly meaningless. I'll have to now re-learn what each ugly squiggle actually does. Thanks for that!
If only a company could actually take over a popular product and improve it for once? You guys are proving that the opposite is true, the new owners always run it into the ground.
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 125.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.