Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the brand new Skype for iPhone – simpler than ever with an even more powerful search.
Stay in touch with free video calls, voice calls and messaging on Skype.
· Find all of your friends and family in an instant - search for friends, groups, conversations or new contacts on Skype. With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
· Call your world for free - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
· Make low cost calls to mobiles and landlines - Keep in touch with anyone even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines.
· Instantly get in touch - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free instant messaging.
· Share moments - Send photos, record and send video messages, share your location or share web content with the people who matter most.
· Available for Apple Watch - see your notifications and chat on your Apple Watch so you’re always part of the conversation.
· Skype is available everywhere - on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more at Skype.com
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS 6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.10
Easily open Microsoft Office documents, presentations and spreadsheets that have been shared in Skype.
Roses are red, Violets are blue, we’ve got brand new Valentines hearts … just for you.
Save a video you've received or video message you've recorded straight to your Photos.
Can't send videos more than 40 seconds!!!
Hi guys this is really annoying, the best connection app since the Internet invented and you can't send videos more than 40 seconds! I mean it's 2016 or 1996? Come on now, in the western world almost everyone uses iPhones and some don't need computers, as the iPhones can do everything these days! Why you are limiting the app and some people will have to use an alternative way as viber what's up etc? Skype has the best quality out there and Skype users expect to be the best, specially Skype for iPhone!
Any idea why this no longer works?
Like many that have reviewed Skype before me, I am no longer able to send or receive calls in Skype. It was ok before, but several versions ago, this app simply stopped working. Outgoing calls ring and lock the phone until it crashes, with the other party not able to accept the call, and answering incoming calls seems fails to respond, also resulting in skype handing until it crashes. Unusable. Simply download one if the many apps that do work, and don't waste your time with this one.
Works well, does have issues with syncing between app and computer. I.e notifications will stay even though it may have been viewed on computer. I use this app regularly and would recommend.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 11 February 2016
- Version: 6.10
- Size: 99.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up£3.99