By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Skype WiFi you can get online at over 2 million public WiFi hotspots worldwide at the touch of a button.
1. Simply connect to any supported public WiFi hotspot.
2. Open the Skype WiFi app and tap the Connect button…
3. Ta-da! You’re now connected to the internet (wasn’t that easy?).
You’re now free to browse the web, check your email or enjoy free calls and messages to all your friends and family with the Skype app – remember, it’s a different app to the Skype WiFi one. ;)
• Pay only for the minutes you use and avoid those expensive all-day internet passes.
• No matter what hotspot you’re connected to, pay using your Skype Credit so you never have to fill out another complicated sign up form.
• And so there’s no unexpected surprises, Skype WiFi will automatically disconnect after 30 minutes in case you forget to disconnect.
• iOS 8 or higher
• WiFi connection to compatible network
• Skype Account or Microsoft account
• Skype Credit in your account
Skype WiFi is provided by 3rd party WiFi operators around the world.
What's New in Version 1.4.4
Very poor connection when you call mobile numbers
It has been a while so far that Skype is playing up, there is an obvious bug, but no one does anything to sort this out. The calls quality is very poor, either you can't hear or you can't be heard, but you are paying for the calls, plus it constantly saying that there is no internet connection when there is one as I made my call via Ringo after all and there was no issues, plus I tried to buy credit 3 times yesterday, was not getting anywhere and got an invoice from Apple for 3 purchased credit, which was really odd. The only customer support is via chat, no phone number. I am very disappointed right now as I have been spending a lot of money on Skype calls!
I bought their wifi I paid £10 and it was all over in 8 minutes, when it says £0.110 per minute I thought it's like ten pence per minute but it's one pound and ten pence per minute absolutely terrible and it's not even so fast the worst ten pound spend of my life, YOU ARE WARNED!!!!
Prevents joining wifi.
As another reviewer has already stated. When you have wifi in a hotel and it's also Skype compatible, the app stops you getting passed the blue tick to having the wifi bars on the top of your phone. Ie. Connecting.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 15 January 2016
- Version: 1.4.4
- Size: 32.2 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2014 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.