Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
Learn more at skype.com
• iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.22
Welcome to Skype for iPhone. Here’s what’s new in this update:
· We’ve made Skype Credit balance notifications faster and more reliable.
· You are now able to purchase Skype Credit in more currencies.
· New connectivity status bar shows when Skype is updating your conversations or when you're having network problems.
· Notifications include much more content now.
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We are listening!
What have you guys done this use to work perfectly but now calls drop for no reason and then I can't even pick up a call sometimes as there is NO button to pick up. Finally it's now impossible to call someone due to there being no button to call them (check the site and where it says the button is... well it's not there).
Sort it out for the money you make of ads and you can't even be bothered to sort your app out. Just killing your own business.
Apart from a slight lag in updating conversations and notifications not always showing the audio and video call quality are superb. The Skype credit option completely saved me whilst I am living abroad as regards to contacting companies etc - brilliant!
PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE!!!!
I would really really really appreciate if it notifies me when the other person has screenshotted or saved the chat or any of my pictures. Will defiantly recommend to my family and friends if it does and also give 5 stars.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 22 August 2016
- Version: 6.22
- Size: 133 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up£3.99