Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
Learn more at skype.com
• iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.30
Welcome to Skype for iPhone.
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you. Here's what's new:
· Spread a little extra holiday cheer! Share a personalized holiday video message with your loved ones. Tap on the snowflake button next to the Skype logo to get started.
· Notifications are now removed from the Notification Center when the Skype app is launched – decluttering is a good thing.
· Have you ever accidentally closed the app during a group call and were unable to join? Now you can easily rejoin group calls.
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We're listening!
Brilliant as always, except the add contact feature: Skype should make this more user friendly: I pay to use Skype to called fixed and mobile lines, so when I ADD A NEW CONTACT I don't want to browse Skype addresses online! I just want to add a new number in my Skype contact list, but this is not straight forward. Also there is no synching between the contact list on Computer with smartphone. Unless Skype want to show me how to do it?
Excellent gadget for communication
I'm using skype every day for international calls and also seeing family. It is a reliable software from credible source and has improved over time. If it can compress data even further for poor connection areas it would be even better.
This app is getting worse and worse
The MS effect has meant that Skype has Bering progressively worse in the last year - the constant "connecting" and "updating" messages are a pain considering I have background app refresh enabled - another annoyance that's connected is the badge icon never truly reflects how many messages I have *not* read - if I've seen them on my PC or tablet they shouldn't appear as new on my phone - the app is becoming increasingly brain dead, I need to find something simpler that does messaging, video and audio well - Skype is dead IMHO
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 12 December 2016
- Version: 6.30
- Size: 132 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up£4.99