Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
Learn more at skype.com
• iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.15
Welcome to Skype 6.15 for iPhone and iPod! We are working hard to make Skype even better for all your calls and messaging. This update contains:
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Please continue to send us feedback from within the app or via the Skype Community We are listening!
It's perfect now
Been avoiding leaving a review for a long time as there was always something wrong with this app. After 3 years, it's finally perfect; at least for me!
It works great on my iPhone 6S+, it's smooth, gets everything done. I'm considering buying a separate number from them if the price gets lower. It would be epic if they offer a number for life for a fixed price.
The only downside to Skype app is that Microsoft owns it now. It will ruin it sooner or later. Microsoft doesn't respect privacy, forced you to do things you don't want to and lies about it.
Skype an essential part of my day
This app is an essential part of my daily business routine. And although group calls can sometimes be difficult due to the quality of the line or connectivity issues this is an essential app for anyone involved in international business.
Ok, so this new update just made ita lot worse with the "rate the call quality" before you'll get it in-chat box, now the whole screen pop-up and covers it, that is extremely annoying and stupid move, the old style was a lot better, bring it back and stop this whole screen banner crap.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 28 April 2016
- Version: 6.15
- Size: 102 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up£3.99