Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
Learn more at skype.com
• iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.28
Welcome to Skype for iPhone.
We are constantly working to make Skype better for you. This update includes:
· General feature improvements
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We are listening!
Integrated calls feature kills system haptics
Skype for some reason kills the system haptic feedback right away when I make a call on my iPhone 7 plus running iOS 10.1.1. Have to reboot to get the haptics working again. This happens only when I have the "integrated calls" feature turned on in Skype settings. Turning it off doesn't cause this issue. Don't have this issue on other VoIP apps that integrate with the native phone app on iOS 10. Kills the whole point of having calls integrated with the phone app if it is going to break something else everytime I make a Skype call. Annoying. And Skype support say this is a feature by design. How can a feature that breaks the normal functioning of some other feature on a smartphone be a system design choice? Rubbish!
This app is amazing! True, I haven't called someone long enough to see if you have to pay £10, but when I call one of my friends in South Africa, it is amazing (apart from the the fact that his screen is pixelated, but he says that that's his tablet, not skype). The only thing I would say, is that it is slow when talking across countries.
Ok, got glitches though
I've used this for years ok but come to dial a number today using my Skype Credit and when I try to access the Contacts on my phone for the number to dial, the app locks up. Despite several attempts at restarting the app by double tapping Home on the iPhone and swiping up, it still locks up. Slightly frustrating. Other than that, still a good app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 09 November 2016
- Version: 6.28
- Size: 131 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2016 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up£3.99