Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Skype keeps the world talking. Free messaging, voice and video calls with anyone for free.
- Talk face to face with a video call.
- New group video calls with up to 25 people.
- Free voice calls to anyone else on Skype. Add up to 25 people on a group call.
- Message your friends in an instant and add up to 300 people to a group chat.
- Call mobiles and landlines at low rates (Skype to Skype calls are always free).
- Share photos, video messages, your location and add emoticons and Mojis to your chat.
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs, and even some TVs. Now it’s even easier to stay connected to friends and family – no matter the device they’re on.
- Available for Apple Watch – your notifications and chats available on your wrist.
Learn more at skype.com
• iOS 8.0 or above (If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.) The Apple Watch features require iOS 8.2 and of course, an Apple Watch.
What's New in Version 6.30
Welcome to Skype for iPhone.
We're constantly working to make Skype better for you. Here's what's new:
· Spread a little extra holiday cheer! Share a personalized holiday video message with your loved ones. Tap on the snowflake button next to the Skype logo to get started.
· Notifications are now removed from the Notification Center when the Skype app is launched – decluttering is a good thing.
· Have you ever accidentally closed the app during a group call and were unable to join? Now you can easily rejoin group calls.
Please continue to send us feedback by opening the app and tapping the Skype Community link in My info. We're listening!
Well in using Skype for 10 years now. There are ups and downs in connection ( especially with Beloruss. But that not the problem as I think it's more Internet problem. I use pay call services to. So till January 2017 I had no problems BUT from 1.1.17 app recharge changed from 3.99 to 4.99 yet you still get just 3.99 on credit. I contacted help service telling them about problem. They advised me to go to apple. Apple refunded me but sad they its up to Skype to fix the app. Skype admins asked me for screenshots of my payments which I sent from my phone ( as have no means to do it otherwise) and done it 2 times. Been told they can't open screenshots and I need to send them once more. Well it's not going to change. I am going go pitches credit directly from Skype website. As for sure that amount is going to be right.
Absolutely brilliant but 1 problem
I absolutely love Skype I keep in touch with my best friend using it but there is one major issue for me and that is when I try and save a video to my camera roll that my friend has sent me and it doesn't let me it says sorry file unavailable and I know that my friend hasn't deleted them because I can still see them on Skype and he doesn't delete the videos he sends me so if the developers of the app can please fix this issue it would be great as I use Skype for business as well as keeping in touch with friends
An indispensable aid
I have been using this app for nearly 9 years and I think it's a thoroughly excellent. It saves me a fortune in roaming fees when I have been abroad. As a working journalist who often has to make international calls, this has been an excellent tool. And I know, from industry contacts, that this is one of the apps that is forcing down mobile phone charges. So keep up the good work, Skype.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 12 December 2016
- Version: 6.30
- Size: 132 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up£4.99