Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!”
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Share contacts into your conversations.
- Support for 2x zoom (device dependent) when capturing photos and video.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
From the new baby to the latest sales figures, Skype makes sharing our big news better. Anyone can start calling, texting and video-conferencing—or even dialing landlines—thanks to the intuitive design. With zillions of Skype users to connect to, it’s one of the most useful apps on our iPhone and Apple Watch.
Skype is getting better
I have used Skype for many years but became disappointed with the App after the programmers messed up by trying to turn it into another version of WhatsApp, they seem to have listened to joe public and are getting back to what Skype was all about, remember the old adage if it ain’t bust don’t fix it. It is a brilliant App for someone like me who does not have a landline and makes keeping in touch with family and friend easy as well as everyday life such as speaking to tradesmen etc. Thanks Skype team, keep up the hard work. I have been asked to update my review so to that end, everything above is still true and the app is getting better and better, reception is great even with a poor WiFi signal although I don’t use video with this app or even with FaceTime or WhatsApp as it uses too many gigs, but honestly for ease of use and the fact that I have my own Skype phone number so that people who are not smart phone user can call me anytime is just brilliant.
It’s okay I suppose
I’ve used Skype for years but this suggestion is not only for mobile and iPad etc but for desktop too. I loved when it had the auto answer feature because if for instance a person had their hands full they could still answer a call and it was the user’s choice whether to enable so privacy isn’t an issue. I find that now the quality is poorer and it doesn’t adjust for low lighting situations as best it could. There are also long distance issues to be honest I am in a long distance relationship and calls don’t always have to be crap quality, Facebook video call works amazing for it but I do prefer Skype for the longer overnight calls, would just prefer better quality video to be honest and it tends to disconnect a lot on long distance calls which is frustrating on so many levels. Please fix the quality first and foremost and then maybe one day you’ll reintroduce the auto answer and please don’t forget to look into the disconnecting issue. Thank you so much.
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 134.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.