The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, supercharged with lots of new features and new ways to stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Messaging made amazing: More than just text. Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis and more. You can also respond to any message from your contacts with reactions.
• Great for groups: Add your favourite people and start chatting. Use groups to plan together, play together, for staying in touch or just for hanging out.
• Call everyone - Skype, mobiles and landlines: Free* video and voice calls make it easier to stay connected with friends and family. You’ll also enjoy low calling rates to mobiles and landlines worldwide with Skype.
• Never miss a moment with quick capture: Quickly swipe to capture photos and videos. Make them your own by adding emoticons, stickers and annotations.
• Share Highlights: Keep others updated with Highlights from your day. React to any Highlights with amazing emoticons or send a private message about that Highlight. Your Highlights only stay visible for 7 days to your followers.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
From the new baby to the latest sales figures, Skype makes sharing our big news better. Anyone can start calling, texting and video-conferencing—or even dialing landlines—thanks to the intuitive design. With zillions of Skype users to connect to, it’s one of the most useful apps on our iPhone and Apple Watch.
Skype is getting better
I have used Skype for many years but became disappointed with the App after the programmers messed up by trying to turn it into another version of WhatsApp, they seem to have listened to joe public and are getting back to what Skype was all about, remember the old adage if it ain’t bust don’t fix it. It is a brilliant App for someone like me who does not have a landline and makes keeping in touch with family and friend easy as well as everyday life such as speaking to tradesmen etc. Thanks Skype team, keep up the hard work. I have been asked to update my review so to that end, everything above is still true and the app is getting better and better, reception is great even with a poor WiFi signal although I don’t use video with this app or even with FaceTime or WhatsApp as it uses too many gigs, but honestly for ease of use and the fact that I have my own Skype phone number so that people who are not smart phone user can call me anytime is just brilliant.
It’s okay I suppose
I’ve used Skype for years but this suggestion is not only for mobile and iPad etc but for desktop too. I loved when it had the auto answer feature because if for instance a person had their hands full they could still answer a call and it was the user’s choice whether to enable so privacy isn’t an issue. I find that now the quality is poorer and it doesn’t adjust for low lighting situations as best it could. There are also long distance issues to be honest I am in a long distance relationship and calls don’t always have to be crap quality, Facebook video call works amazing for it but I do prefer Skype for the longer overnight calls, would just prefer better quality video to be honest and it tends to disconnect a lot on long distance calls which is frustrating on so many levels. Please fix the quality first and foremost and then maybe one day you’ll reintroduce the auto answer and please don’t forget to look into the disconnecting issue. Thank you so much.
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 119.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.