Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to the new Skype for iPhone.
Remastered to put your conversations with the people who matter most at your fingertips.
Stay in touch with free messaging, voice or video calls on Skype.
• Find all your friends and family in an instant - With over 300 million people using Skype, you’re bound to bump into someone you know.
• Talk with your fingers - No matter where you are, your friends are always available with free messaging.
• Call your world from Skype - Free voice and video calls let you talk to your heart’s content with all your friends and family on Skype.
• Low cost calls to mobiles and landlines too - Keep in touch, even if they’re not on Skype, with low cost calls to mobiles and landlines on the other side of town or the world.
• Share your favorite snaps - Take a great photo you want to share? Send it over Skype to friends and family and you won’t have to worry about email size limits or expensive MMS charges.
• Video messaging – Record life’s everyday moments and share them with the people who matter most, with free and unlimited video messaging over Skype.
• Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, Macs, PCs, and even TVs. Whatever your friends or family use, Skype is there. Simple.
Learn more about the new Skype for iPhone at:
Search the App Store for other great apps from Skype:
• Skype Qik
• Skype for iPad
• Skype WiFi
• iOS 7.0 or above (If you are using iOS6 or earlier, you can download the last compatible version by tapping install/update and following the prompt to download.)
What's New in Version 5.11
· New language support added for: Czech, Romanian and Ukrainian
· General Improvements
As a frequent user of the computer version of this app, for me I thought it would be very useful to have the phone app for when I'm on the move.
However, after using it for a few weeks, I come to find that it is more of a nuisance than a utility. The app takes forever to load messages even if I have good internet connection, I cannot send nor receive photos or other media like I can on a computer and the worst point, it even crashes my brand new iPhone 6.
The app crashes, turns my phone off and won't turn on because it needs to be connected to power even though it is on over 30% battery.
Really disappointed with this app, computer version much more reliable.
Average. Major improvements needed.
This app was great, but went downhill. Firstly, the whole photo sharing experience is ruined, photos don't save when I want them to & 90% of the time won't send to the other person in the chat. Secondly, I have not been receiving notifications from the app, this is horrible as I'm always missing calls as I'm not aware that I'm actually receiving a call! Finally, the app is no longer smooth when running which does affect the overall user experience! Hope improvements are made!!
Problems all over
Do not know where to start. First off all never recieve any notifications. You end up missing calls. The only way you know you had a call is when you go into the app. Also recorded videos sometimes do not get sent, And there is no way of saving them or resending them. Add a new feature where you can resend or forward videos to other contacts. Also improve the notification issue which everyone has. Thank you.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 09 March 2015
- Version: 5.11
- Size: 63.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Developer: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2015 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up£3.99