Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Check off your to-do list and move your projects forward by bringing the right people, conversations, tools, and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work, whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people all in Slack
• Integrate into your workflow, the tools and services you already use including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk, and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customize your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumored) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Stop by and learn more at: https://slack.com/
• In a slight change to the way you sign in on desktop, you'll now sign in in the browser rather than directly inside the app.
• The new app icon was looking a little fuzzy on some docks, which simply wouldn't do. It should be much crisper now.
• Equally, the new loading animation was looking a little stretched, or a little squished, depending on how you looked it. It's now practically perfect in every way.
• If you have had problems logging in using SSO (single sign-on), you should no longer encounter those problems.
• We fixed a problem wherein the "Open the Slack App" button in the browser did not, in fact, open the app. Honestly: it had *one* job. It now performs that job.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for company, group and individual chats
Slack provides you with the ability to have company-wide chats (not recommended for medium or large companies), team chats, group chats with people from different teams or companies and chats between individuals. It is as secure as you make it, so be aware of the chat group settings.
I found it easy to use and the Support staff were very responsive and helpfu: 5/5.
Great app just got downgraded
It used to be a bit annoying when you had to sign in every day you come to work when other apps do not let tokens to expire but now it got worst as if you want to sign in with extra layer of security (like AAD), it opens a new signing in page in browser while before everything was done within the app. Most of the companies try to move away from such behaviour but Slack team decided to opt in for it. :(
Missing basic features..
Slack as a service is useful (though way overpriced if you need a paid plan), but the app is nothing more than a web portal, and it misses basic features.
It takes up way too much screen space and has a huge left side bar which you can’t hide or minimise even though most people in a single team will have no use for it 99% of the time.
I need a small chat window that can sit unobtrusively at the edge of the screen, it’s simply not possible to do this with Slack as it takes up way too much screen estate.
Developer Response ,
We really appreciate this feedback, thank you! We're sorry to hear you're finding the app takes up too much room. We'll share this with our team. Thanks again for your candor.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.