Slightly Foxed is a rather unusual quarterly book review. Unaffected by the winds of fashion and the hype of the big publishers, for the past eight years it’s been introducing its readers to some of the thousands of good books that long ago disappeared from the review pages and often from bookshop shelves. Companionable and unstuffy, it has a wide range of contributors – some well-known, some not – who all write personally and entertainingly about the books they choose. It’s not so much a review magazine as a magazine of enthusiasms – some of them quite quirky. When times are hard there’s nothing like a good read for putting things into perspective – so why not treat yourself to a subscription? We hope you’ll be able to say, with our subscriber the novelist James Hamilton-Paterson, ‘It’s the only cheque in the year that I’m actually happy to write.’
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is available. You can subscribe within the application for full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive back to Spring 2004. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£10.99 per quarter
£39.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Added support for iOS 12 Password AutoFill, so if you have an Exact Editions account you can log in with a couple of taps.
• Added a Siri Shortcut which allows you to go directly to the latest issues.
• Added keyboard shortcuts for easy navigation within an issue.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app - great publication
I really can't recommend this app enough. If you subscribe to Slightly Foxed (& if you love literature, why not?) you will have access to all of their past publications. There isn't a bad one amongst them.
No way to know if any good
You can download a 'sample issue', but they don't let you read even a part of a single article! I can only imagine how bad it must be if they dare not let you read a single page of their journal before making you buy it.
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 11.9 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Copyright © 2018 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Slightly Foxed £10.99
- Slightly Foxed £39.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.