Slow Shutter Cam
By Cogitap Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Reduced Price until March 3rd! #AppStoreBecomeGuru
Slow Shutter Cam brings new life into your device's photo toolbox by letting you capture a variety of amazing slow shutter speed effects that you only thought you could get with a DSLR. Continue reading to learn more about this unique app!
• Featured numerous times by Apple:
- App Store Essentials: Camera & Photography
- Photography for Professionals - Total Control
- Shot on iPhone 6 - Shoot Beautiful Photos
- Extraordinary Photo Apps
- Best New App
• Nominated for the 2010 and 2011 "Best App Ever Award - Best Photo App"
"It’s one of those rare photography apps that creates effects that few others are capable of, and it does it easily and with better results."
— Marty Yawnick, Life In LoFi
How many times have you tried to capture artful images with your iPhone camera but were left wishing you had more features to work with? Slow Shutter Cam puts an end to mere snapshots and gives you some of the most powerful features of a DSLR camera. All this, in a package that fits in your pocket.
Slow Shutter Cam offers three capture modes to capture unique images:
MOTION BLUR: Equivalent to the shutter priority mode on a DSLR, the Motion Blur mode is perfect for creating ghost images, waterfall effects or suggesting movement in your photographs by adding a blur.
LIGHT TRAIL: The Light Trail mode allows you to 'paint' with light, show car light trails and fireworks or capture any other moving light in a unique way. Unlike shooting with a DSLR and being tied to specific rigid settings to obtain good results, the Light Trail mode takes care of the essentials, letting your creativity soar!
LOW LIGHT: In low light conditions, this capture mode allows the camera to accumulate every photon of light hitting the sensor. The longer the shutter speed, the more light it will accumulate. You can even fine-tune the result using the exposure compensation slider to achieve the exact effect you want!
• Unlimited Shutter Speed and manual ISO
• Option to resume capture
• Real time live preview - See the result in real time
• Innovative 'Freeze' and ‘Blur Strength’ controls
• Tap to adjust focus/exposure
• Time-lapse Intervalometer
• Apple Watch support and handy Self-Timer
• Full resolution support on every devices
With Slow Shutter Cam on your iPhone or iPod touch you get the features of a DSLR camera with the convenience of a device that you can drop in your pocket and take with you wherever you go. Download it now and put an end to mere snapshots!
Search #slowshuttercam on Instagram or visit the "Slow Shutter Cam - iPhone" group on flickr for amazing samples!
What's New in Version 4.0
- You can now manually adjust ISO (Yey!)
- Improved low light performance for all 3 capture modes
- New Noise Reduction setting
- New contextual tips: simply tap the blue button to display them (They may be disabled in Settings)
- Support for iPhone 7 Plus dual-camera
- Apple Watch shutter button fixed to update correctly (watchOS 3.0 now required)
- Exposure adjusts itself better in Low Light capture mode
- Exposure time is now accurately reported in Exif (It was sometime incorrect)
- Many other performance and stability improvements
P.S. Every time we release a new version, we lose all your ratings on the App Store which negatively affects our sales. Thus, we would REALLY appreciate if you could update your rating on the App Store (simply tap the ‘Rate or Review on App Store’ button in the app settings). Many thanks!!!
Great app for taking pics of Northern Lights
I bought this app after reading the reviews and was not disappointed. On a recent trip to Iceland I was looking for an app that would allow me to take good pictures of the Northern Lights and this app did the trick.
I was able to take some amazing pictures and people standing alongside me couldn't believe I was taking the pictures on a iPhone. They were so impressed they asked me to airplay my pictures across to them. All in all a really great app.
No zoom working still
The three modes of the app work well and it gives some really nice quality photos on my iPhone 6+. (Though, just as good a quality as the normal iPhone app.)
However, the zoom function has never worked on any update. The zoom multiplier moves up and down during the two-finger pinch/push, but the image stays fixed. I don't know anyone with the app on another phone; so, don't know if this problem is 6+ specific or not? This flaw spoils an otherwise really nice piece of software.
I'm impressed with how well this works, although an interactive tutorial would help. It gives me another reason to look forward to my next phone as this is one of those rare cameras apps that makes a phone with a decent camera worth the money.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 03 November 2016
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 4.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Cogitap Software
- © 2017 Cogitap Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.