PRO: The paid version plays stronger chess than the free version and it has no limitations such as app-credits and limited features. The Pro version offers more and better.
****** Please report any crash or question you have to email@example.com ******
SmallChess is a high quality and brilliantly presented chess playing app for iOS. It's suitable for everyone: from beginners to the world champion. You'll improve your chess with a very strong chess engine (ELO 3000+). An ultimate chess master in your pocket!
Improve your chess with our innovative guess-the-move. You'll partner with Magnus Carlsen and Bobby Fischer! You'll also meet Jose Raul Capablanca, Judit Polgar, Garry Kasparov and more!
You can share your chess games with Twitter, Facebook and SMS!
SmallChess is your best compatriot and trainer.
- Play against the computer or yourself
- Play against ELO rating from 500 to 3000!
- Play online chess with FICS
- Tablebase database
- Opening database
- Save and load PGN games. You can also import games from Safari and emails.
- Support PGN variations and annotations
- A massive chess database, played by some of the best chess players in history
- Annotated chess games
- Nine coaching styles, it's totally amazing!
- Save your favourite chess positions to iPhoto or our in-app chess album!
- Share your favourite chess positions with SMS, Email, Twitter and Facebook!
- 10+ visual themes and 30+ sound effects
- Use guess-the-move training to improve your chess. You'll partner with Magnus Carlsen and Bobby Fischer against some of the strongest chess grandmasters.
- Analyse your games with our world-class chess engine
- Chess cartoons, trivia, puzzles, quizzes, and more!
- Chess puzzles: Think Like A Grandmaster and Maths Genius.
- Beauty of Chess.
- Interactive chess experience.
If you ever have a problem with the app or you have a suggestion, please write an email to us. Alternatively, follow us on Facebook or Twitter. You can find our contact details on our website. We answer all enquiries promptly.
*--- Please leave a review if you like this app ---*
Small is Power. You'll be surprised.
Fixed fantasy chess pieces
Ratings and Reviews
Not that good!
I paid £6.99 for this app believing it to be better than many free chess apps in apple store but I was surprised to see that some of the analysis and lines are not even as deep as Smallfish which is a totally free app. In other words, I still use smallfish more than Smallchess for my chess analysis which raises the question of why paying the extra £6.99 while smallfish is even better.
SmallFish uses the Stockfish chess engine, while SmallChes uses my own chess engine. They are two different apps. Both are good, but Stockfish is stronger for analysis.
The Best chess on ios
Wow, this is the best chess app I have for iOS. I have a rather large selection of chess apps from the top priced to the free.
None of the others have this much functionality. Try the free version and dig deep in to the settings. Simply fantastic wouldn't touch another chess app now.
The range of functions is awesome and the multi move analysis pretty much a unique feature amongst apps. Can you try to give the option of promoting pawn to something other than queen? It's a tiny flaw in a great app and excellent value.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.